Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    My 2x12 is ported with two 16 ohm 150 watt speakers running in parallel.
    It'll handle the 200 watt SS Randall head that drives it. And get rather loud.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    interestingly enough, I have 2 EV 150 watt speakers I was thinking of throwing in a closed back 2x12 cab for a high powered cab for needing loud without pushing a 4x12 around.

I'm guessing you like that set up.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Hard pass

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        If you can resist that for $150 then you deserve a medal! That would make a very worthy x-pattern platform, if they are not already t75s.
        Even I would have bought that! In spite of the Carvin Shame.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Here is the Carvin. It is sweet I almost pulled the trigger but I do not need another 4x12 I already have 3. The tag says $199 but when I walked over to it the guy said he wanted it out of there and he would take $150. Very tempting.

You could probably get it for 100 bucks or less if you really wanted to. I would be all over that!
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I'd be tempted to get that Carvin 4x12 for 150$ . . . even if it never leaves my basement. :P
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I was in there today looking at MacBooks. The cab is still there, the speakers are Celestion G12M-70s. Which are a bit bright for my tastes but if I buy that cab a X100B head is not far behind and I could EQ the cab any way I want.

| Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I was in there today looking at MacBooks. The cab is still there, the speakers are Celestion G12M-70s. Which are a bit bright for my tastes but if I buy that cab a X100B head is not far behind and I could EQ the cab any way I want.
                DO IT!!!!
                The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can say the best and most affordable "Marshall" cab I've played/heard is Randall. Very solid, with the right Celestions, produces the same sound as Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                  X