No announcement yet.

Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the pawnshop today they had a Carvin 4x12 with the metal grill for $150

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.
      There's a Mesa 2x12 in the guitar center used section right now. It isn't too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by vmbarrera View Post
        There's a Mesa 2x12 in the guitar center used section right now. It isn't too expensive.
        There is a Recto 2x12 in Gainesville - I could even make a day trip and p[ick it up. But $699

Pass...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Here is the Carvin. It is sweet I almost pulled the trigger but I do not need another 4x12 I already have 3. The tag says $199 but when I walked over to it the guy said he wanted it out of there and he would take $150. Very tempting.

Comment

If you can resist that for $150 then you deserve a medal! That would make a very worthy x-pattern platform, if they are not already t75s.

Comment

I already have 4 half stacks. It would not get used at any price. The only amp on the GAS list is a Fender Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                I already have 4 half stacks. It would not get used at any price. The only amp on the GAS list is a Fender Deluxe
                The Desert Island Amp!!

Same, I think I have 6 4x12s stored right now. only use 1 and thats for certain outdoor gigs rarely

CLubs sound reinforcement is too effective these days and for recording a 2x12 will perform the same if chambered the right way
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Here is the Carvin. It is sweet I almost pulled the trigger but I do not need another 4x12 I already have 3. The tag says $199 but when I walked over to it the guy said he wanted it out of there and he would take $150. Very tempting.

What's it got for speakers?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

The Desert Island Amp!!

Same, I think I have 6 4x12s stored right now. only use 1 and thats for certain outdoor gigs rarely

CLubs sound reinforcement is too effective these days and for recording a 2x12 will perform the same if chambered the right way
                    My 2x12 is ported with two 16 ohm 150 watt speakers running in parallel.
                    It'll handle the 200 watt SS Randall head that drives it. And get rather loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                      What's it got for speakers?
                      Not sure but they all matched and nothing looked like a recone so I am guessing they were stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        My 2x12 is ported with two 16 ohm 150 watt speakers running in parallel.
                        It'll handle the 200 watt SS Randall head that drives it. And get rather loud.

interestingly enough, I have 2 EV 150 watt speakers I was thinking of throwing in a closed back 2x12 cab for a high powered cab for needing loud without pushing a 4x12 around.

I'm guessing you like that set up.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Hard pass

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                            If you can resist that for $150 then you deserve a medal! That would make a very worthy x-pattern platform, if they are not already t75s.
                            Even I would have bought that! In spite of the Carvin Shame.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You could probably get it for 100 bucks or less if you really wanted to. I would be all over that!
                              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

I'd be tempted to get that Carvin 4x12 for 150$ . . . even if it never leaves my basement. :P
                                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X