Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave74
    replied
    Oh yeah Ace you are right-on with wanting the recto-212. That cab will really match well with a stiletto head. It won't sound as wide a 412 but the mids and highs are really full and warmer.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.
    Yep. CRAZY expensive!

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by dave74 View Post

1960av, but they aren't quite as full in the mids and rounded on the upper-highs as the stiletto cabs, which are exceptionally full and rich.
    I've never had a stiletto head, but most accounts of them by owners are that they are naturally very bright, some even say they can easily get raspy with the bigger recto cabs.
    I have never ran the treble above 5. Usually not at 5. See - that Marshall cab sounds like it would be ideal...

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied

What then, is the Marshall Cab you would suggest?

Again - I don't NEED a 4x12 cab, but it would be nice to have. And the Stiletto, is Mesa's Marshall, so to speak.
    1960av, but they aren't quite as full in the mids and rounded on the upper-highs as the stiletto cabs, which are exceptionally full and rich.
    I've never had a stiletto head, but most accounts of them by owners are that they are naturally very bright, some even say they can easily get raspy with the bigger recto cabs.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Agree with Securb, in the used market -slants are easier to find that are nice. -and I like slants better for live -because I know whats going on better (I'm tall dude)

If you don't need a 4x12 -I wouldn't even consider one -too annoying to move for shows after age 29 and too big to pressurize the cab to proper volume at the house.

-I'd do a nice looking cab, like a 2x12 slant like Marshall Origin (used 250-300) cab and load it with something magical personally

You can always get another 2x12 for dual side by side if you need to go big.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    That's a great looking cab. I say do it, and worry about speakers later.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I am not sure about the market down there but up here Marshall B cabs are impossible to find a deal on. However, Marshall slanted cabs are everywhere and cheap especially if they are empty. I got my Marshall JCM2000 and the JMC 900 cab (loaded with speakers) for $650.

I would look for an empty slanted cab and load it to your liking.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by dave74 View Post
    Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)
    What then, is the Marshall Cab you would suggest?

Again - I don't NEED a 4x12 cab, but it would be nice to have. And the Stiletto, is Mesa's Marshall, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    What about the price? Speakers can be changed....
    I got mine last year for 200, but the one you post looks to be in better condition.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    What about the price? Speakers can be changed....

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied
    Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
    Bright is no bueno. The Stiletto can rip your head off as is...

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

At least they wont get torn and look ratty. You know, road-rugged and tour-ready for years of flawless performances etc.
    Sure, no doubt on that. But thats the point of an amp road case if you're touring.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    I'm always looking for a great deal on a Marshall 4x12A but...

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...402869225.html
    I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X