banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesa Cab: Thoughts on this one?

    I'm always looking for a great deal on a Marshall 4x12A but...


    https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...402869225.html
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  • #2
    I always thought MESA Cabs and heads were more visually pleasing than Marshall.


    | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

    Comment


    • #3
      Any idea what those Eminence are? My Road King blends the C90 and V30, it’s got the sparkle of the C90 with the midrange push of the V30. I bet it’s a great sounding cab regardless.
      Oh no.....


      Oh Yeah!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I'm always looking for a great deal on a Marshall 4x12A but...


        https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...402869225.html
        I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

        I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

          At least they wont get torn and look ratty. You know, road-rugged and tour-ready for years of flawless performances etc.
          Sure, no doubt on that. But thats the point of an amp road case if you're touring.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

            I have that cab, Mesa 90s in the top are cool, the Eminences in the bottom are way way way too bright for me and can be a front row audience punisher which you the artist wont hear on stage unless you stage more than 15 ft away out front.

            I'm not a fan of metal grill cabs in general -noisy for recording and don't protect against the most likely danger to your speakers at a show -beer and water.
            Bright is no bueno. The Stiletto can rip your head off as is...
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

            Comment


            • #7
              What about the price? Speakers can be changed....
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

              Comment


              • #8
                Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  What about the price? Speakers can be changed....
                  I got mine last year for 200, but the one you post looks to be in better condition.

                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                    Great cab no doubt, but IMO (for the Stiletto especially) you'd be better with a traditional-size full closed-back with the mesa V30s. (aka stiletto cab)
                    What then, is the Marshall Cab you would suggest?

                    Again - I don't NEED a 4x12 cab, but it would be nice to have. And the Stiletto, is Mesa's Marshall, so to speak.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am not sure about the market down there but up here Marshall B cabs are impossible to find a deal on. However, Marshall slanted cabs are everywhere and cheap especially if they are empty. I got my Marshall JCM2000 and the JMC 900 cab (loaded with speakers) for $650.

                      I would look for an empty slanted cab and load it to your liking.


                      | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's a great looking cab. I say do it, and worry about speakers later.
                        Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Agree with Securb, in the used market -slants are easier to find that are nice. -and I like slants better for live -because I know whats going on better (I'm tall dude)



                          If you don't need a 4x12 -I wouldn't even consider one -too annoying to move for shows after age 29 and too big to pressurize the cab to proper volume at the house.

                          -I'd do a nice looking cab, like a 2x12 slant like Marshall Origin (used 250-300) cab and load it with something magical personally

                          You can always get another 2x12 for dual side by side if you need to go big.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Really want a Mesa 2x12 to pair with my Marshall 2X12...but Mesa 2x12 are crazy expensive and rare.

                            And like I said - the Marshall cab angled is really what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd ever take a 4x12 to a gig.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Aceman View Post

                              What then, is the Marshall Cab you would suggest?

                              Again - I don't NEED a 4x12 cab, but it would be nice to have. And the Stiletto, is Mesa's Marshall, so to speak.
                              1960av, but they aren't quite as full in the mids and rounded on the upper-highs as the stiletto cabs, which are exceptionally full and rich.
                              I've never had a stiletto head, but most accounts of them by owners are that they are naturally very bright, some even say they can easily get raspy with the bigger recto cabs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X