X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify my mono cabs to stereo?

Take my 8ohm 2x12 for example.

One 8ohm WGS ET65 | One 8ohm WGS Veteran 30

If I added a separate jack, I could plug amp 1 into speaker 1 and amp 2 into speaker 2. Easy peasy.

What I am interested in though, is if/how I can make it a stereo cab but retain the ability to run it mono.

I’m sure same applies to a 4x12 as well, but if not, please explain the difference(s).

This! I put a 1960A Jackplate in my Marshall MX212 to use it with my JC120. An easy mod and well worth it. I can flip a switch and go back to a mono cab at any time.

Last edited by Securb; 11-09-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

yep. i think mojotone sells one without a switch too

Comment

The switch plates can be found on eBay take note there are some counterfeits out there

Comment

Amplified Parts sells these; they have a store on Reverb.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

How can you tell the counterfeits? Do they use a picture of a real one ?
            When I bought mine there were some that were too inexpensive to be OEM and I remember the fonts being off.

Comment

You guys rock

Comment

No problem man. Here is my mod.

Comment

Just bought 2 of these.
                  One for my current homemade 2x12 and another for the oversized recto dimensioned cab I’m building next month.

Haven’t decided which speakers I wanna use for that one yet.

The Plug and Play eliminates the confusing switch found on most stereo cabinets. Just pick your impedance and plug in. Label is set at the common 4/16 Ohm Mono and 8 Ohm Stereo. Ready to install with a steel dish, wires, and speaker connectors. Direct replacement for many existing small jack dish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Frogman How is your project going?
                    Well I bought two of those Plug n Play Stereo Adapter plates, but my 4x12 is in storage (I moved in November), and I can’t use it with my 2x12 because it has two 16ohm G12K85’s and the adapter requires either four 8ohms or two 16ohm. So haven’t used them yet lol.

On the bright side I just picked up a minty 6505 112.
                    So I can run through that and my 2x12 in stereo for the time being.

Speaking of that 6505, I’m thinking about changing the speaker for a WGS Invader. I want more of a Marshall bark from that amp than your oft-typical modern-chugga-chug lol.

Comment

Sure it doesnt say four 16-ohm or two 8-ohm? You could use the two 16-ohm speakers, only all of your impedances would be doubled. You would have 16-ohm per channel in stereo, and in mono you would have your choice of 8-ohms mono (would work with most amps) or 32-ohms mono (probably not very useful).

****, so I cannot even use it with my 4x12 (four 8ohm speakers). The f$#% was I thinking?!
                      #facepalm
                      Last edited by Frogman; 01-26-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I have two 8 ohm speakers in my cab.

Comment

you have four 8 ohm speakers in a cab? how is it wired? that seems odd. most 4x12's ive seen, and all ive owned, have had 16ohm speakers

Comment

Apply these same principles to a pair of 16-ohm speakers, and you will see how you can do the 2x12. It will be simpler, because there is really only one way to hook them up. You will have 16 ohms per side in stereo and either 8 or 32 ohms in mono.
                            thats correct, but who wants a 32 ohm cab?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

thats correct, but who wants a 32 ohm cab?
                              Four 16ohm speakers wired in series/parallel is 16ohms.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X