X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In Search of New Amplifier...Need Directions

Does anyone need more than these tones:

??????????????
    Laney GH100TI, maybe a bit too metal for you, however, it was just to show that Laney is a great brand, and maybe it'll encourage you to check out some of their other amps. Listen to the solos, it is kinda bluesy.

(it is recorded from the audience, by some dude, so not a professional recording, but sounds good to me)

BC Rich Mockingbird (Gibson Iommi/stock PUP)
    Custom guitar (JB/Jazz)
    Marshall JCM900 50W Hi Gain Master Volume MKlll
    Laney GH100TI Tony Iommi signature amp
    Framus FR212 CB cabinet
    Marshall MG10CD (pretty crappy :laugh2: )
    Line6 Toneport UX2
    Rocktron Heart Attack

Comment

JW - What's a good price on a used Shiva/Ecstacy?

Comment

Try using a TS808 overdrive pedal in front of your Rectoverb, through the clean channel.

I did this with my rectoverb (series I rectoverb) and I really get a wonderful tone - warm, round, fat, not mechanical. I especially like the sound from my 59 bridge pickup in my Hertigage/Les Paul guitar.

The TS808 made me keep my rectoverb.
        Heritage H-157 SLn/59b
        Victoria Victorilux 3X10
        Klon Centaur OD pedal
        Mesa Boogie Rectoverb combo Series I
        TS 808 pedal
        Lowden O32

Comment

May I suggest an Orange? Like a Marshall, but not... nicer cleans, and lurrrrrvly crunch sounds. Stick a pedal in front and you get great leads too, but since they are made in the UK I dunno how easy they are to get in the US. Loads of british bands use them, though, so DEFINITELY try one if you get the chance.
          Colossians 1:15

Originally posted by Gr8Scott
          I absolutely have no doubt that Aceman has a glitter covered pony head on a stick that he occasionally saddles and rides around his office in full aceman regalia screaming like a cowboy on a meth binge just because the mood strikes him.

Comment

I had an all tube, 55 Watt Rivera Fandango ( EL34s ) that I believe would do extremely well for you. They also make a 100 Watt, and a Quina that is nearly identical only it has 6L6s (?). The EL34s aren't all as sparkly clean as the Fender tones, but do clean well, and get into beefy mids, and snarling mean when you say so. I had the 2X12 combo which I am currently trading for a 45 Watt Rivera Clubster ( EL34s ). I don't play any decent sized venues like you might, and at 75 pounds the 55W 212 was more than I'll ever need. The Clubster is nearly identical but weighs 38 pounds, and has only one speaker. I'm a knee-jerk Rivera fan, and I believe that they are making the best stuff out there, and are priced extremely well considering that they are really a top of the line company. I'm seeing new Fandangos around $2K.
            "If you love them blues, play 'em as you please"
            -Michael Bloomfield

Comment

From Boogie to Rivera...
              Have not met a Rivera yet that I have liked much in the long run.
              Have you tried the Traynor YV something 50 combo??
              It is that new blue one, got a very good plexi like leadchannel, abit darker but still with that nice bite, good cleans too.

Comment

Working...
              X