"New" Amp Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" Amp Day

So my "new" Marshall Origin 50 Head from Musician's Friend showed up this morning in Texas in a giant, beat up box with a Guitar Center location in California on the return label. There was no manufacturer packaging whatsoever, and the power cable and the footswitch were both plugged in. When I went to pick up the head by the handle on the top, it started coming apart. The left side of the head shell was broken from the bottom, and the right side was in the process of doing the same thing.

I got someone on the phone who was obviously new and had about sixteen questions for her supervisor. She promised to call me back once they were sorted out, but that didn't happen by 5:00 this afternoon, so I called back. I learned that Musician's Friend/GC is using floor models to satisfy demand because of supply chain issues. Anyway, now it's in an Amazon box back to Musician's Friend while I wait for their back order from Marshall to be filled.

I hope everyone else had a nice day.

They did the same thing with my JBL monitors. If they were not listed as open box they owe you "something". In my case, I was upgraded to a better set of monitors.

Comment

And this is why I stopped doing business with both MF and GC. The last time I tried ordering from MF, I got such a runaround that I cancelled the order and told them to drop me from their mailing lists. I'm done with both.

Comment

You have to blatantly ask and make sure they are not floor models and are in a sealed box from the distribution center, not a store. If so, you are good to go. I always ask how many are in stock at the warehouse as well. When they answer I restate my point that if it is in anyway a return, demo, in store, open box, etc it is going back.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Wow that sucks! Good luck getting it all sorted out but what a PITA!
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

They(MF) don't even send me discount codes anymore. If I have to call in anyway then I go with Sweetwater, and when possible find a good deal used from Reverb/Ebay.
            It's probably been a year or two since ordering anything other than on-sale strings/picks/cables.

Comment

That is terribly disappointing. I hope your wait won't be too long. I would have sent it back, too.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	eli.jpg Views:	2 Size:	30.2 KB ID:	6131617
                waiit... i can upload pics?

sorry about the amp, thats a bummer for sure. hopefully it doesnt take them forever to get you a new one

Comment

I wasn't able to upload pictures through Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.

Comment

Yeah, they did the same thing to me with a recent new bass purchase. It came from some Guitar Center in some different packaging, and didn't even have any freakin' knobs on the bass. It blew my mind. I called, they knocked some money off of it, and sent me some knobs.

Comment

i havent been able to upload pics forever but it seems to be working for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11146554_10152804169192724_1506123357427346535_n.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	6131706

Comment

Yes, finally fixed!
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I buy from GC quite often but ship to my local shop. I open it there, check it out and if it’s not what I bought, I return it right there or get compensated quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X