katana air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana air

Hi, I haven't written in ages, I hope you are all well.
    I haven't had an amp since 1990 or so when I bought Crate 40XL, which was a decent amp, but no fun for the past few decades. I use it with BOSS me-25 which I find very very good.

So I hit the order button for katana air, bluetooth, wireless guitar jack, can connect to streaming devices, lots of BOSS effects.

I know this is 2019 tech, I was wondering if this is considered good today. Anyways I'll try it with .... care!! in case I wanna return it.

I’ve got the Waza Air headphones for practice, I assume they will perform very similarly. The tones are all good (not tube amp cooking great, but really good) and I’m very impressed with the wireless latency (or lack thereof). I was considering the Katana Air but figured I’d be using headphones with it decently often so just went that route.

I’m accustomed to the Line 6 model of giving you all these models to play with so the limited qty. of amp models was a little shocking at first. Then I realized that most of those models all sound the same for a Line 6 product anyway, splitting hairs between Marshall models is silly, so I’m good with what Boss provides.

I hope it works out for you.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

If you do decide to get this, come back an let us know. I was interested in this as well.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Sure, it's on its way!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          I’ve got the Waza Air headphones for practice, I assume they will perform very similarly. The tones are all good (not tube amp cooking great, but really good) and I’m very impressed with the wireless latency (or lack thereof). I was considering the Katana Air but figured I’d be using headphones with it decently often so just went that route.

I’m accustomed to the Line 6 model of giving you all these models to play with so the limited qty. of amp models was a little shocking at first. Then I realized that most of those models all sound the same for a Line 6 product anyway, splitting hairs between Marshall models is silly, so I’m good with what Boss provides.

I hope it works out for you.
          I got the me-25 which has IIRC 10 amps, ranging from clean to R-ctifier, to 5150, to a genuine BOSS amp which is useful for thrash and all descendants (nu, djent, core, etc).

Comment

Hi I just got it. Sounds ok as a BT speaker, good for jamming, it does ok lead tones for clean, or hard rock, but the sounds for metal suck. I dont like it.
            I am wondering, how can I get ok metalica tones from the speakers (via BT) but not good riff tones? Distorted tones sound same quality as my old crate amp.. garbage ... I used to have divine tones via boss me-25, why can't this one deliver ?
            It also seems the noise cancelling is killing any sustain ...

HELP!!

Comment

Not having the amp, I don't think I am much help, but you should be able to adjust the threshold of the noise gate (or turn it off), which should help sustain.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hey Mincer, this (NS) was sorted out, I just shut it down via the app, it was a menu further on the right of the edit function.
                However the tones I am getting are "80s metal" at best... but not this amp, I am talking about the genuine BOSS metal amp found in boss me-25.
                Just tested with headphones as well with various cab simulation settings they sound a little better , but still not the sound I have in mind.

My intuition says, I can't have this metallica/pantera sound with this unit.

So I return this and go for the real katana 50? or 100?

​EDIT: just checked, mine is on firmware version : 1.01 , the newest being 1.20 (there is 1.10 as well). The only windows PC in the house belongs to my D, who has ... covid right now ​
                Last edited by greekdude; 12-28-2021, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X