Crybaby Wah - Fasel Inductor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crybaby Wah - Fasel Inductor

I got one of these inductors from small bear electronics, and have finally got round to fitting it to the 2005 crybaby. The inductor in there now looks like it has 4 legs but the Fasel only has 2 that protrude, so, how do I fit it?
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Re: Crybaby Wah - Fasel Inductor

Originally posted by shredaholic
    I got one of these inductors from small bear electronics, and have finally got round to fitting it to the 2005 crybaby. The inductor in there now looks like it has 4 legs but the Fasel only has 2 that protrude, so, how do I fit it?
    Just find 2 slots on the board that the inductor lines up with and solder it in...There are more than 1 place on the board where you can solder the 2 legged inductor in....Follow the traces back to the board and make sure the 2 legs connect to the other components in line with the inductor..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Done - I found the 2 holes that were the exact spacing for the inductor legs that hadn't been used before, maybe Dunlop use the same board for the fasel version so have holes drilled for either inductor?

I know the inductor and the 33k resistor are wired in parallel, but I thought the inductor might have some sort of positive and negative side? It works and sounds great now anyway and fits well so I'll leave it be.
      Richard

Marshall Mods

Comment

Originally posted by shredaholic
        Done - I found the 2 holes that were the exact spacing for the inductor legs that hadn't been used before, maybe Dunlop use the same board for the fasel version so have holes drilled for either inductor?

I know the inductor and the 33k resistor are wired in parallel, but I thought the inductor might have some sort of positive and negative side? It works and sounds great now anyway and fits well so I'll leave it be.
        Ok cool.....I'll send you my bill.....
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Being as impatient as I am I actually had wired it up about 5 seconds after my first post, I was more looking for reassurance that it wasn't gonna fry!, thanks though.

Once this things wired for true bypass I'm gonna have some fun modding it myself, I ordered a bunch of other parts with the inductor as all my resistors are 1/2w Allen Bradley CC / 1 watt Carbon Film and above for amp work - too big for wah mods really.
          Richard

Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
          X