NBAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBAD

New Bass Amp Day. I bought a used Ampeg BA-115 today for $50. The only thing wrong with it was the bass pot was broken off. So I replaced the pot when I got it home which was more work than I anticipated but it works. I think I will buy a EVM15L from the same guy I bought the two EVM12Ls last week because I'm not sure how efficient the stock speaker is?

I've had several Ampeg bass amps through the years. No disappointments, ever.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Oh nice score that's a great price. I have heard those amps are decent but never got to try one.
      glad you got the pot/knob sorted!

Comment

I opened it up today and the speaker is a 4ohm instead of 8ohm like the later 150W models. So that rules out using an EVM15L because it's an 8ohm speaker and the frequency range bottoms out at 60hz and the low E string is 41hz. However, I'm not sure how important it is to reach down to 40hz when the amount of power needed to reproduce those frequencies might be beyond what a 100 watt amp can deliver? So I'm not sure it needs a better speaker especially when any replacement would cost more than what I paid for the amp?

I put a pair of handles on the sides today because it's a big, clumsy, and heavy beast 62 lbs. It only had a single flimsy strap handle on top which is a real poor idea for handling something that big.
        Last edited by idsnowdog; 12-22-2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X