Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outsourcing a reverb tank

Hello, World!

I have a question about the possible removal and reconnecting of a spring reverb tank.

I see that some of my SS amps have a built im reverb tank, which is nothing more than a few springs, capacitors and a knob soldered into the PCB.

My tube amps, on the other hand, have a separated tank screwed onto the bottom of the cabinet and connected via two cables.

My other tube amp, has nothing at all, and hence the question.

Would it be possible to remove the tank, put it in an enclosure and use it as a standalone unit? That way I could use it with the amps that do not have reverb?

What do you think?

Before you tell me to “just get a reverb pedal”, I would like to reuse the tank of an old amp to recycle some parts and as a hobby project.

Cheers,
    Walt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

the tank is only part of the reverb circuit. you could take the tank, build the circuit, and put it in an enclosure if you wanted. the tank by itself wont do anything for an amp without the circuitry. different tanks want to see different things from the amp. if its an accutronics tank itll have a code on it that tells you what it is

Comment

Right- the tank is only part of it. You can look for the schematics of an outboard Fender reverb to see what its all about. While it might be a fun project, it is a lot more complex than just transferring the tank to any amp that needs it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X