Bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer

ordered a special bluesbreaker sized 2x12, matchless tolex, black grillclothe, white piping... they shipped me a standard bluesbreaker one.

stuff happens I guess. I'm betting somewhere there's a guy tonight that opened up his traditional bluesbreaker cab and is pissed that he has mine....

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Bummer

heh...well just build an Edana to match your new cab

or if it's a combo cab, just stuff Edana guts in it

or is it Edena?

whatever...that killer JTM clone you make!
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Just don't call her Edna!

Edana.

Nope, it's a 2x12 combo cab that I was going to use for some pictures, then just make it into an extension cab for my evil purposes.

I really love that Matchless/Gibson/Mesa wrinkle tolex. In fact, my next head will have that in all liklihood. But, when folks want a marshall jtm45 look, you give it to them.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

sort of a tangent...

but how do you think a dual 6v6 version of Edana would sound...i.e. dropping the wattage into the 18 watt territory?

I'm hearing from some folks looking for low wattage plexis that a couple 6v6s are working out much better than EL84s....just curious what you think it would do on the JTM circuit...
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

wouldn't do much of anything to the circuit. new bias resistor, lower the voltage a bit. Probably sound pretty darn good. looser low end with those 6V6's. Distort at a much more reasonable volume. I might have to try it.

could use some deluxe trannies... might be a good fit.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Probably sound a lot like my little Fuchs ODS-20 SLX....which is getting along quite nicely with the Edana, BTW

Did you order the cab from MOJO ?

What did they say when you called them?

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Mojo, yes. Simple shipping mistake. Same thing happened to me earlier in the year with Jeff Swanson. I got someone else's cab. gremlins in teh works I guess.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
              X