banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If everyone chips in a little and gets me this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If everyone chips in a little and gets me this...

It would be just awesome...

KISS, Ace Frehley's 1996 Marshall JCM 900 SLX 100 Watt Amp, AUTHENTICATED, $5,795.00 One of two of Ace Frehley's KISS Marshall amps currently available at Donn's Drum Vault. This Marshall JCM900 SLX 100 Watt amp owned and used by KISS original, co-founding member Ace Frehley. Frehley used this...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Cheaper than that LP, right?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

For that amount of money you could pay someone to build you exactly the amp you want.

Comment

Meh, that's likely BS, I know how this works -any amp that gets within a country mile of an artist tour or promotion gets attributed and authenticated for the secondary market.

Every artist I know with a deal, buys their maximum artist pricing yearly allotment on their own signature gear so they can can broker the balance of the gear for big $$ later.... but almost none of it was was used in any context which would make it significant.

It's just a great secondary revenue market that has exploded in the internet age.

Don't waste your money.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

PM me your PayPal addy. I've lost it since the Theodie pickup sale. I'm good for $20. And if the rest of your Bros can't man up, buy a bottle of real Jack Daniel's on me. $#!^, it's not the 80's anymore. I'm in for $30 in case you have to go the Jack route.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
            Is that even a good Marshall?
            Ace played it. It kicks arse!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Well, you know I'm an Ace fan...

Comment

Pull the trigger…..

Actually your Mesa is probably better.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Aceman obviously doesn't want it enough, at this point. I may snag it for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                    Pull the trigger…..

Actually your Mesa is probably better.
                    I have lots of beautiful vintage Marshalls -I love their sound -I've never owned a bad one -even the much lamented 2210 is killer

-BUT I can say with %100 confidence that every Mesa on this planet is constructed better on average, has very clever thought out features, and Mesa always listens to the VOC "Voice of their Customer" as to what’s modern players need in a great reliable amp.

Marshall is late and reactive at best, Mesa really tries to be out in front and address player's needs.

My Marshalls are for the studio, my Mesas are for every kind of punishment from Studio to Tour.
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm only half arse serious when I type this, but once again, Aceman gets our hopes up, only to disappoint. My skin is relatively thick.

Comment

I'm foing tired of the computer issue s, but give me a chance. I fixed them once before

Comment

Yeah, I'll call Aceman out as a whiner at this point. I offered. Don't turn into a troll Bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                            Is that even a good Marshall?
                            Mine is. I'm the original owner, so you have real providence there. But if Ace wants to give me $6000, I'll make him a KISS inventory sticker to go with it.

Comment

Yeah...It's a good amp. One of my top choices for the sound I like.

That said they are available for way less than $5k. And the "Ace's Amp" is dubious at best.
                              GearJoneser gave me a line on a for real one once.

I passed on that too. Still would compliment the guitar nicely....

Doesn't really matter anyway. I'm a Tele guy now.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X