banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass combo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bass combo?

    I saw a few people talk about a bass amp that sounds pretty good with a guitar also. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

    If not, does such an animal exist?

    If not, what's a good bass combo for under $500

  • #2
    What do you think of this?

    Fender Rumble Studio 40 - Electric Bass Guitar Combo Digital Modeling Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07983V2WQ...C71MKTG41GW4BC

    Comment


    • #3
      Line6 Lowdowns are seriously underrated.

      Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll check that out,


        What do you think of this?

        Orange Crush Bass 50W Bass Guitar Combo Amp, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HPGEY6W...HFW4ZFQ0VCERRC

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm going to venture that most low watt bass combos from the major name brands are going to sound about the same as far as tone quality goes. Certainly good enough to jam at home with. Maybe even with a disciplined guitarist and drummer. If you could find an old HK 100 watt with the 15" speaker in a pawn shop, you'd be set. Or a Hartke.

          Comment


          • #6
            I had the Rumble 100 it is a great amp. It sounded great for bass and guitar especially for those lo-fi fuzz guitar tones. But it really kicked ass for bass.


            | Gear Reviews | Beer | Babes | The Internet's Only Unedited & Uncensored Musician's Forum | Sports |

            Comment


            • #7
              If you can find a TNT 130, grab it.

              Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                I'm going to venture that most low watt bass combos from the major name brands are going to sound about the same as far as tone quality goes. Certainly good enough to jam at home with. Maybe even with a disciplined guitarist and drummer. If you could find an old HK 100 watt with the 15" speaker in a pawn shop, you'd be set. Or a Hartke.
                I paid off some debt with my Christmas bonus, so now I'm amassing more. I'm cash poor but credit friendly right now.
                I'd love to go pawn shopping, this guy here has tons of stuff. This used to be a small recording town and there are still many musicians in the area.
                plus. . The big bonus, it's near a military installation [Cannon AFB] the best pawn shops are near military bases.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by solspirit View Post

                  I paid off some debt with my Christmas bonus, so now I'm amassing more. I'm cash poor but credit friendly right now.
                  I'd love to go pawn shopping, this guy here has tons of stuff. This used to be a small recording town and there are still many musicians in the area.
                  plus. . The big bonus, it's near a military installation [Cannon AFB] the best pawn shops are near military bases.
                  I picked up an Ibanez 690EX for less than $200, set up with new strings, from a pawn shop just north of Luke.

                  Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Are you amp-less right now?
                    The things that you wanted
                    I bought them for you

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                      Are you amp-less right now?
                      No, ya think I should play through my guitar amps?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by solspirit View Post

                        No, ya think I should play through my guitar amps?
                        You can, as long as it doesn't get crazy loud.
                        Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by solspirit View Post

                          No, ya think I should play through my guitar amps?
                          I wouldn't.
                          Playing guitar through a bass amp, sure.
                          Not the other way around.

                          Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by solspirit View Post

                            No, ya think I should play through my guitar amps?
                            That's what I do. Works great for at home. Less money to tie up.
                            Clint 55
                            OH THE DOUBLE THICK GLAZE!
                            Last edited by Clint 55; 12-31-2021, 11:45 PM.
                            The things that you wanted
                            I bought them for you

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Vintage Traynor -especially the YBA1 are beautiful for either.
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X