Peavey 6505 II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey 6505 II

A heads up for some who may be interested in this amp. I haven't found a release date yet but it is said to be this year. A few changes cosmetically and a switch for worldwide voltage needs are a nice touch. I look forward to it being released as these amps have always been a nice bang for the buck.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

BR000Ooootzzzzz! Those amps flat wail!
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Yes Indeed! Great chug for the buck for sure.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

They also have an new 6505 coming soon. If the sonic changes on it are like the II it will be really rude!

Comment

Here is a good back-to-back of the + and the II. Wouldn't be surprised if these are released at a trickle pace. Every brand is waiting on parts and tubes right now unfortunately.

Comment

Whaaaaat?

Peavey getting some love somewhere other than the Peavey Forum?

2022 may not suck as bad as 2020 and 2021 after all!

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I've never owned a 5150 variant, but have spent some time on both the 6505 and the +.
              The + lacked a bit of the lows but had better mids IMO. Maybe the new basic 6505 will split the difference. Might be awhile though.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                Whaaaaat?

Peavey getting some love somewhere other than the Peavey Forum?

2022 may not suck as bad as 2020 and 2021 after all!
                These amps are cool. No shame on my side. Bang for the buck they are cool for the heavies.

Comment

A real 6505/5150 is the one I don't own. Always thought it was more gain than I need, but it is not that much more than my Triple XXX. Which indeed, my primary was sold, but my backup and 112 remain. I still have a few which haven't made my Peavey sig. I'm just surprised to see Peavey getting some love.

JamesPaul's Peaveys

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

A real 6505/5150 is the one I don't own. Always thought it was more gain than I need, but it is not that much more than my Triple XXX. Which indeed, my primary was sold, but my backup and 112 remain. I still have a few which haven't made my Peavey sig. I'm just surprised to see Peavey getting some love.

JamesPaul's Peaveys
                    Hey did you like that newer style Bandit circuit as well as the older 90s silver-stripe version?(the one with the boost and thrash buttons)

Comment

JamesPaul's Peaveys
                      Credit where credit is due from me. Regarding the gain, you can always turn the gain knob counter clockwise.

Comment

dave74, I kept getting a 503 error trying to quote your post.

I confess I do not have as much time on my current Bandit. I have mostly been playing my Vypyr VIP 3 or my JSX 212 since I acquired my current Bandit. But I think it has all the tones of the silver-stripe. It does sound a little weak without a matching 112 to pair with it. I need to try it with my Avatar 212 cab, my only 8 ohm cab in the stable. All my other cabs are 16 ohm, except for my ancient 412S which is 4 ohms.

Comment

Working...
                        X