Good luck finding tubes right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck finding tubes right now...

I went to Tube Depot and Doug's Tubes last night to try to get a few to roll into my new amp whenever it finally gets off back order, and there is nothin' doin'. Tung-Sol? Out of stock. Mullard? Out of stock. Long-plate JJ? Out of stock. Sovtek LPS? Out of stock. I went to look at power tubes not because I need them but because I was curious, and it looks the same there.

Going to get worse before it gets better!

Comment

Thats why ive had a tube stash for 20 years.
      DT & TD are two places i would never use anyway.
      Tubes are available you gotta know where.
      Doug has been out of the good tubes for 15 years & tube depot prices are ridiculous.

Comment

Antique Electronic Supply

Comment

I will break open my tube stash once tubes are nowhere to be found ...bwahahaha
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
            Thats why ive had a tube stash for 20 years.
            DT & TD are two places i would never use anyway.
            Tubes are available you gotta know where.
            Doug has been out of the good tubes for 15 years & tube depot prices are ridiculous.
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

Thanks for your help.
              Its not help, just a statement, its a forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Its not help, just a statement, its a forum.
                Maybe you could help a brudda out? You know, share the wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                  Antique Electronic Supply

Thanks for your help.
                  Maybe start here:

If the Add To Cart button works, it's in stock.

Comment

I went to Tube Depot and Doug's Tubes last night to try to get a few to roll into my new amp whenever it finally gets off back order, and there is nothin' doin'. Tung-Sol? Out of stock. Mullard? Out of stock. Long-plate JJ? Out of stock. Sovtek LPS? Out of stock. I went to look at power tubes not because I need them but because I was curious, and it looks the same there.
                    I am curious...are you talking about buying new tubes for an amp you don't have yet?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Just a couple years ago I would have said there's never been a better time to be getting into guitar gear, now it's about the dead opposite.

Comment

I was wondering if that was going to be a problem in early 2021 and expected supply chain shortages - so luckily stockpiled some new pre and poweramp tubes then.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Anything wrong with planning ahead?
                          No, but you might want to know your amp a little better, so when replacements are needed, you have choices.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

No, but you might want to know your amp a little better, so when replacements are needed, you have choices.
                            Well, that was kind of the point. How do I know which tubes the amp likes unless I try a variety? And if it sounds great out of the box, I have some spares.

Comment

I have backups so I am not worried. I also have 3 solid-state heads that are more than serviceable if I had to wait months for a tube delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X