Good luck finding tubes right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Do you bungie-cord it to a cinder block to keep it from sliding back on the table when you go to plug in?
    I use 2.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

^^^ You two should be ashamed of yourselves for taking a perfectly good tube snob thread and ruining it with all this 1s and 0s crap!

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        ^^^ You two should be ashamed of yourselves for taking a perfectly good tube snob thread and ruining it with all this 1s and 0s crap!
        I don't feel in the least bit bad. I love all.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Two bungie cords? It will sound better with three.
          I can't believe you didn't recommend the proper toan bungee cords . . .
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I don't feel in the least bit bad. I love all.
            -he even loves Crocs... Mincer has life and balance all figured out.

Maybe Clint just needs a pair of Crocs.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

-he even loves Crocs... Mincer has life and balance all figured out.

Just got this year's 'replacement Crocs' in the mail.

Comment

Yeah I have to source ECC83 from Aliexpress and it costs like the price of a distortion pedal a piece. Uli Behringer should acquire Fractal and make it affordable for the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                  The Chinese tubes are no great loss really. Plenty of tubes available.
                  And anybody should only need power tubes once every 5 years at the earliest.
                  Good power tubes properly biased should last 5000 hours or more.
                  TAD had the best Chinese tubes because they tested & matched.
                  Don't know what TAD is doing now tho.
                  I was curious what tube set (pre and power) you have settled-on for your 3-channel dual rectifier. (?)

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

I was curious what tube set (pre and power) you have settled-on for your 3-channel dual rectifier. (?)
                    Sovtek 6L6WXT+ for power & NOS Amperex in da Pre.

Comment

There is a shortage at most outlets, I’m fortunate to have bought many sets of EL34, 6L6, 5881, 12AX7 Tung-Sol, Ruby, Mallard, JJ, EH and more, then I have NOS RCA, Philips, Telefunken etc. Each time I purchased tubes, I would buy two sets so I end up with about 30 sets, primarily for Marshall, Bogner, Soldano, Suhr, Friedman including Mesa, Fender. “I’m covered”…..

Comment

I think I still have a pair of Carvin branded 6L6's made by Telefunken in West Germany.
                        And some National labeled 12AX7's.
                        I'm good.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          I think I still have a pair of Carvin branded 6L6's made by Telefunken in West Germany.
                          And some National labeled 12AX7's.
                          I'm good.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                          Telefunken are probably my favs
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I'm good for a little while. I'm not tube rolling or burning up stuff needing backups. I just have what I need to play around with, and some replacements that need to go in when I get around to it.

Comment

^^^ More glass laying around than Whitney Houston in her prime!

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Telefunken are probably my favs
                                Mine too. I’m also a fan of the NOS Mullard and RCA long black plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X