Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofad!

old fixed amp day!

my buddy and i built this thing a few years back but it gave up the tone smoke about a year ago and sat idle. mostly cause im lazy, have a ton of stuff going on, and have plenty of other amps to use. finally got around to fixing it up and damn its a wonderful thing! brighter than i remember, and there is zero use for the brightest setting on that mini switch so might find a way to repurpose it.
    Attached Files

What is it? Nice transformer.

Comment

trainwreck express inspired amp. those mm trannys got some weight to em for sure! very touch sensitive amp

Comment

Very cool. That’s one way to get the TOAN!

Comment

Nice. So, the MM tranny's are all they're cracked up to be?

Comment

ive used em on a bunch of stuff over the years and they are good stuff for sure. are they better than another high quality tranny? dunno. mm used to have tiered pricing so if youve bought a bunch you get discounts. i think i bought at least 15 if not 20 over the years so i was getting a decent discount. no idea if they still do that since its been a long time since ive gotten any. i still have a full set of trannys for a bf deluxe reverb in a box somewhere. they didnt make anything specific for a twe at the time so its a jtm45 pt and 50w marshall ot.

Comment

Very cool, did you fit it into a box or is it a studio amp? I think I’d rather assemble an amp than a guitar so may just do that later in the year.

Comment

i started building a box about a week before it blew up so no box at the moment but now that its working again, its time to finish the box! it sounds great but its probably 40w or so with no master volume so its pretty damn loud, looking forward to getting it on stage at some point

Comment

What was wrong with it?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no choke on that amp?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

no choke on this, thought i did buy one suited for the amp should i decide to use one down the line.

i think it was a bad switch. most of the circuit was fine, but the switch was shot and the mov caps were melted.

Comment

Working...
                      X