S-D 4x12 cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-D 4x12 cabinet?

Can anyone tell me anything about the old Seymour Duncan Convertible 4X12 speaker cabinet? Just got one with the Crate BlueVoodoo 60 head I bought. Would love to find an owners manual and some info. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

I believe the cabinets initially came with celestion speakers and then a Duncan designed Eminence later on down the road if I am not mistaken. Best way to tell is pop the back off and have a look. I would imagine that it will sound nice either way and should be a good fit with the Crate amp.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

I believe the cabinets initially came with celestion speakers and then a Duncan designed Eminence later on down the road if I am not mistaken. Best way to tell is pop the back off and have a look. I would imagine that it will sound nice either way and should be a good fit with the Crate amp.
      Mine has the Eminence speakers labeled as Seymour Duncan. I have a Fender Steel King amp for my pedal steel guitar that has the stock 15” Fender speaker in it that was made by Eminence as well. They are excellent speakers I understand.

Comment

Didn't the original Duncan combo amps use Celestion 12K-85's? If so those could be in the older 4x12's.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of SD 1X12 closed cabs (from that era and Convertible line) and they both have the Celestion G-12K 85 speaker.

Comment

Forgot to add I typically use them live in stereo config with my rack setup (ADA MP-1 etc)

Comment

Working...
            X