The Tone Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LLL View Post
    I've resumed chasing toanz. Catching some schweet, schweet stuff with my new guitar.
    Sweet!
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Sweet!
      One toan I can't seem to catch is the ever elusive Suck Toan. Made a thread about it even

Comment

One toan I can't seem to catch is the ever elusive Suck Toan. Made a thread about it even
        Once you move beyond a certain level of tOaN you can never acquire the Suck ToAn.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Once you move beyond a certain level of tOaN you can never acquire the Suck ToAn.
          Oh so that's how it works! Although, I still could attempt with a Gorilla, Carvin or CRATE amp.

Comment

Oh so that's how it works! Although, I still could attempt with a Gorilla, Carvin or CRATE amp.
            It's possible but doubtful. Your level of suck has surpassed the level necessary to achieve that kind of ToAnZ.

Comment

It's possible but doubtful. Your level of suck has surpassed the level necessary to achieve that kind of ToAnZ.
              Now I'm confused...

Comment

Now I'm confused...
                How are you confused? Her his the suck scale. -10 is major suck It increments from - 10, -9, -8, etc to zero (neutral) to good of +1, +2, et to =10. You have surpassed the suck than parameters (negative side) and have entered the positive toanz side (+ numbers). There is no going back regardless of gear or effort. Your ears simply won't allow it and knob tweaking capabilities will find the good toanz even on the bad gear.

Capiche?

Comment

I’ve ended up with the following:
                  -Strat with Dimarzio Injectors (familiar shape with a Strat on steroids sound)
                  -Fender amp (nice neutral sound that works with a compressor for clean, tube screamer for mid breakup and heavier distortion for heavier rock sounds)
                  -Stompbox compressor (Wampler Ego)
                  -Full Drive 2 (boosts the amp, boosts the next pedal)
                  -Wampler Pinnacle (heavier Marshall style distortion)
                  -Delay (I use the Catalinbread Belle Epoch, preamp in 100% of the time to get the Fender front end into a good zone for clean)
                  -Various modulation based on what I might need

Is it my dream tone? Not quite. Is it a great and versatile tone that inspires me? Absolutely.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

How are you confused? Her his the suck scale. -10 is major suck It increments from - 10, -9, -8, etc to zero (neutral) to good of +1, +2, et to =10. You have surpassed the suck than parameters (negative side) and have entered the positive toanz side (+ numbers). There is no going back regardless of gear or effort. Your ears simply won't allow it and knob tweaking capabilities will find the good toanz even on the bad gear.

Capiche?
                    Ah increments -

So like:

-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5
                    suck it toanz --- positive toanz

Si, capisco.

Comment

Working...
                    X