• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholz X-100 Rockman

Love that guitar…
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I know the thread title says Scholz X-100 Rockman but that Charvel is gorgeous. Very clean for one from that timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        I know the thread title says Scholz X-100 Rockman but that Charvel is gorgeous. Very clean for one from that timeframe.
        Thanks ! 1986' made in Japan.
        It originally had a Kahler fulcrum trem and was professionally doweled for OFR.
        I've had it 23 years. It has a 1990's era EMG-81 i installed and there is a difference from the China made EMG's of now to my ears.
        Also has Basswood body like Vai's Green Meanie an Indian Rosewood fb & a all steel made in Germany Schaller Tremeister Floyd w/ big brass sustain block.
        It has normal wear for an almost 40 yr old guitar. The early Japan Charvels were really made well, they seemed to go downhill after that.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

It has a 1990's era EMG-81 i installed and there is a difference from the China made EMG's of now to my ears.
          The original OpAmp went out of production a while ago, so there definitely IS a tonal difference.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

The original OpAmp went out of production a while ago, so there definitely IS a tonal difference.
            10-4 i totally believe that.

Comment

LOL - first thing I said to myself was - "Yeah, Rockamn...whatever but damn let's talk about that guitar!!!!"
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X