No announcement yet.

What would it take to refurb this cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take to refurb this cab?

Take a look - basically, would add a new grill cloth. No worries on the rest.

Is that hard/expensive, or what??? $200 - I think that could be a lot of win. Assuming the rest works fine. Little Armorall and good to go.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg...448681430.html
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

For $200? I'd be all over that even if the spears were blown. It would make a great stage prop if anything.
    Don't wait, do it now. Replacing the grill cloth isn't too bad if you know how to work fabric and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
      For $200? I'd be all over that even if the spears were blown. It would make a great stage prop if anything.
      Don't wait, do it now. Replacing the grill cloth isn't too bad if you know how to work fabric and stuff.
      I was thinking speakers too.....Maybe an ideal platform for that.

I DON'T know how to work fabric and stuff - LOL. That's why I'm asking.

Comment

It's not hard. A good staple gun, stretch and pull, staple. Fold in the corners. All the stapling is done on the back of the grill cloth frame. IIRC, the baffle comes out through the back of the cab on those so you can get that out. I'm sure there's a YT video out there on doing it.

Comment

looks like the grill is the only thing messed up. The rest just needs cleaning. That's a pretty easy fix. Just have to pull the grill cloth real tight, staple and repeat.

Comment

With fabric on a square frame, you want to do the centers first and the corners last. Otherwise the tension gets too high and you'll tear it. On an angled canvas/frame like that, I'd secure the vertical center first over the break angle, then pull the horizontal centers second, working your way to the corners.

Comment

Go for it. I have done the cloth on a couple of cabs the trick is getting it straight which is not as much of a task with Marshall cloth vs. Silverface.

Comment

Straight I can do...if it is just cloth over frame...no problem!

Where do you get the cloth???

Logo?

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  Straight I can do...if it is just cloth over frame...no problem!

Where do you get the cloth???

Logo?
                  This is where I got the stuff for my Fender

Comment

Replacing the grille cloth shouldn't be too hard. If you were really adventurous you could also use metal fireplace mesh.

Comment

Listing gone.

Comment

Damn!

Comment

More like,,,,,,,,, damn lucky. Make an offer and short drive on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                            More like,,,,,,,,, damn lucky. Make an offer and short drive on this one.

https://reverb.com/item/37731016-mar...Ei7tSjsUJM1n8A
                            Not a bad drive at all, and I have seen that one...

Comment

That is a pretty good price. Ace just keep your eyes open the Marshall A cabs come up for sale all the time. The B cabs are rarer to find used, in good condition, and priced reasonably.

Comment

Working...
                              X