No announcement yet.

Let's do this for speakers this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the cab for me, and also the volume level.

Comment

well I just fell in love with Celestion Gold 10's but I'll say Greenbacks
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Would a larger cabinet help that?
        Not really it is all about EQing them properly. When I was gigging with them at first it might have taken me a while to get them dialed in for a room. After a while, I was able to pull them in pretty quickly. If the amp is staying in the house I would not worry too much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary
          one of my favorites for sure. g12m is good too but i think id have to go 12h if i can only pick one, might go 55hz cone though. or hemp cone.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

one of my favorites for sure. g12m is good too but i think id have to go 12h if i can only pick one, might go 55hz cone though. or hemp cone.
            I’ve never played through a speaker with a hemp cone. What are the tonal differences from a traditional material?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

I’ve never played through a speaker with a hemp cone. What are the tonal differences from a traditional material?
              The speaker I picked on page one of this thread, Eminence Wheelhouse has hemp cones. The hemp makes a stiffer cone so the speakers do not break up as quickly. They also "mellow out" the highs so your high-end never gets ice-picky.

Comment

I think I'd want an alnico, hemp speaker .

Not sure of which one tho; :o. All I know, is that I love alnico speakers, and hemp. lol
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

A few years ago I got a Mesa Road King cab with the Back Shadows on one side and V30s on the other. I never really bonded with the Black Shadows with higher gain but they sound great with cleans. The V30s sound awesome for clean, crunch, high gain, everything is very nice. Cleans don’t have the sparkle of the Black Shadows, but I can deal with it.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Wheelhouse has a neodymium magnet. I would strongly suggest them, especially for those of you using modelers. They sound like heaven with my Roland JC 120, and the Marshall JCM 2000 also takes to the wonderfully.

The warmth of hemp meets the power and responsiveness of neo in this versatile 12 inch speaker. Touch-sensitive and balanced, the Wheelhouse delivers warm, smooth tone throughout the entire spectrum, allowing you to utilize your amp controls to shape your sound. It handles pedals and amp EQ with ease. Go from country to fusion to blues and make it sound like it?s right in your wheelhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      The Wheelhouse has a neodymium magnet. I would strongly suggest them, especially for those of you using modelers. They sound like heaven with my Roland JC 120, and the Marshall JCM 2000 also takes to the wonderfully.

The warmth of hemp meets the power and responsiveness of neo in this versatile 12 inch speaker. Touch-sensitive and balanced, the Wheelhouse delivers warm, smooth tone throughout the entire spectrum, allowing you to utilize your amp controls to shape your sound. It handles pedals and amp EQ with ease. Go from country to fusion to blues and make it sound like it?s right in your wheelhouse.

Don't forget the C-Rex for those who don't need the power handling of the Wheelhouse.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

C. Rex is awesome.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

I have at least one of each currently-available G12 type that I've rolled through my 1x12 Randall cab to decide (Randalls sound like a Marshall cab). I picked the G12H 70th because it's the one that worked with all my amps. The 55hz worked as expected with my JTM45, but didn't sound as good with my Orange, JCM900, and others. With the 55hz, the Orange and JCM sounded filtered, a little bit of a blanket over the speaker sound. It was strange because with the JTM45 the brightness was there using the same speaker. The G12H 70th worked really well with all amps I had on hand; each amp really sounded like 'that amp'.

Comment

Weber AlNiCo…

Comment

Working...
                            X