ADA MP-1 Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MP-1 Troubles

I just received an ADA MP-1 that I bought on Reverb, allegedly in good working condition. Plugged in my Les Paul, hooked the thing up to my JCM2000 effects return, booted it up. The following occurs:

1. It cycles through "C1" through "C200"
    2. It says "Err 1, Err 2, Err 3."
    3. It says "ADA MP1" and then shows "1" which I'm assuming is the normal display.
    4. No guitar sound.

My JMP-1 works fine through this signal chain, so it's not the way it's hooked up, or any issue with the DSL. And riding the output on the MP-1 changes the amount of white noise coming through my cab. So the DSL is receiving something from the unit, just not guitar sounds.

Preliminary research indicates this is maybe a battery issue? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would reach out to ADA and talk with the root source of the product. That will be the most efficient and effective.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Check out the group ADA MP-1 & the gear that defined the 80's & 90's and/or the adadepot.com forum. Those guys have been working on these units for 30+ years.

Comment

The more I read this kind of posts the more I stay way from buying used from "strangers". I hope you can fix it dude.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          The more I read this kind of posts the more I stay way from buying used from "strangers". I hope you can fix it dude.
          Thanks, same here. Luckily I bought off Reverb, so I'm not too worried about being SOL if I can't get it working.

Comment

MP-1 common issue is the 30+ year old battery failing.

The battery is a coin-type, but unfortunately is soldered to the board.

You can get a coin battery holder which will retro-fit, so in the the future you can just swap batteries - I've done this to mine.

Comment

Yep, sounds like the battery most likely

Comment

What ever happened with this situation?

Comment

Working...
                X