banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obtainable amps you;re kicking yourself for not buying when they first came out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtainable amps you;re kicking yourself for not buying when they first came out.

..Cause they were then discontinued/Sold out everywhere/Have now shot up in price etc.etc.. and are pretty much out of reach. You missed out.

I'm going first...

Played one of these at a guy's place the other day and it was right up my street, The right type/amount of gain. Great tone..beautiful (and pretty distinctive) tone actually. All the Sabbathy tones were in there obviously but it could do a hell of a lot more. These were Asian made & apparently pretty cheap and were easily available locally at all the stores around here circa 2013-2017 or so. Yet for some reason they passed ompletely under my radar. Would've loved to have picked one up at the price they were selling for. There don't seem to be any around anymore and the few I have come cross are being offered at crazy prices compared to what they cost.

Laney introduces the TI15-112, a small 1x12 15W combo tube amp that bears Tony Iommi's seal of approval.

Feel free too post more of your own that come to mind
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

I used to want a Randall Satan or Diavlo. Now I could afford one, but no longer see much point in getting it. My Spidervalve pretty much covers all the bases.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I nearly bought a Roland JC-120 back in the 90s for 150$. It sounded great for cleans, but at the time I couldn't figure out how to get a bluesy sound out of it that wasn't crap.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        I nearly bought a Roland JC-120 back in the 90s for 150$. It sounded great for cleans, but at the time I couldn't figure out how to get a bluesy sound out of it that wasn't crap.
        Bummer. Back then or shortly after, you could get a Twin Tube Blue from Seymour Duncan. That would have sounded killler through a JC-120.

Comment

Is the dynamics knob a compressor or something else?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Marshall Vintage Modern
            Peavy Penta and Windsor
            Vox Brian May Deacy

Comment

For amps that have been new since I started playing (2002), I can't really think of any. There are plenty of older amps I wish I had got whilst they were still available for realistic money, though.

Comment

I can say, if I hadnt bought my Jubilee when I did, Id be kicking myself for it. Happened to come across it at the right time and right place, had it since the early 90s when I was still single and living at home
                1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400
                Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Is the dynamics knob a compressor or something else?
                  I did'nt mess with that at all so I can't say. I played it briefly but it sounded phenomenal on every setting I tried.. the EQ was very responsive. Then I asked him if he'd be interested in selling it by any chance & he was'nt...so that was that. Damn.. I really did like how it sounded & felt
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The short-lived Peavey TripleXXX-2

It was basically a blacked JSX with 6L6.

Comment

I was looking at Carvin X100B Series III heads when Carvin announced they were going out of business a couple of years ago They were plentiful and going for around $350. Now they are $600 - $700 and it is hard to find the Series III amps in good shape. It is almost impossible to find them with the footswitch.

Comment

The onboard distortion is fickle but useable once you spend some time with it. However, with the right dirt stomp, it sounds glorious. My Chandler Tube Driver is my go-to for my JC 120, it just works. The Tech 21 Liverpool is awesome with it also, that would be my choice if I were to use it on a blues gig. I was pleasantly surprised my Wampler Dracarys distortion sounds great for the brutz with my JC 120.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                          The short-lived Peavey TripleXXX-2

It was basically a blacked JSX with 6L6.
                          I had a JSX and loved it at the time. When I see them used I sometimes get an itch to buy, but then remember why I sold it.

Comment

I nearly bought a Roland JC-120 . . .
                            Yup. I'd love to have one of those. The other was this old Yamaha amp that was in the Officers Club in Thailand. (I wasn't an officer.) Looked like a cheese wedge. Can't remember what it was, but it sure sounded good.

Comment

I wish i bought an ADA MP-1 when they were selling for £100-150 a few years back. Now theyre £5-600 or have been poorly modded.
                              Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
                              WWW.BACKLINE.TK

Non Biased General Guitar forum
                              http://fret.boards.net

Comment

Working...
                              X