Creamtone and FD2 Mosfet arrives...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creamtone and FD2 Mosfet arrives...

Cons... finish is basically one big sticker. Maybe others do it like that, but I suspect that real paint would hold up longer. Maybe not.

Pros...

1. Came with a battery installed. Small thing, but a nice touch.

2. Bypass lights up. I like that. If you look down and see yellow, the pedal is not on. Likewise, blues mode lights blue, solo lights red.

3. Controls are laid out well, including switches. Feels tough as hell.

4. Tone.... I like it, but I want to compare it to the Fulldrive 2 that is coming.

Truth be told, I'm not a big pedal afficianado. But, so far, it is helping me get the a cool edge to what I'm doing. I'll report back later after I spend some quality time with it. But, it's about a million times better than any tubescre..sucker I've ever played.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Creamtone arrives...

I was curious about this pedal, but not enough to grab a new one. I'm holding out for a good deal on a Plexitone first.

I like what I have (T-Rex Mudhoney & Mesa Boogie Bottle Rocket) so I'm in no big hurry....just wanna try the Plexitone out...one of these days.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I was curious about the Cream Tone myself, but I ended up going for the Custom Overdrive instead.

They must've changed the way they finish the pedals, as mines finished in a couple of layers of thick purple paint.

It's also the most well made pedal I have in my collection. I feel it could take pretty much anything and would still keep working

I'm curious to hear how it compares to the FD2 you've ordered.

Craig

Comment

Hey, I didn't scrape it or anything, for that matter, it might be really thick paint. Looks like a sticker, mostly because there is some bubbling. But ti sounds good.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Re: Creamtone and FD2 Mosfet arrives...

wow, both of these petals are really nice. the Fulldrive Mosfet is more flexible. I thnk the FDM is more to my ears than the Creamtone. Not sure what it is exactly that I'm hearing. Smoother, perhaps, not as grainy as the Creamtone. It's going to take a lot more playing to see which one I'll eventually sell.

Distortion pedals and Strats are my GAS-induced purchases that I almost always end up sending back or selling. No matter what I do, at some point in the year, I can't resist buying an OD pedal or a Strat. I never seem to learn.

The cool thing about either of these is that they are pretty darn close, have a good range, lots of flexibility, both seem contructed extremely well... Time wil tell.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Clips/individual reviews!!
            :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Cool........did you run them together? That adds a nice flavor too.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
              X