Peavey Classic 30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Yeah - but the Pro Jr.'s class A factor is super awesome.
    But it tends to have that flubby low end of most class A amps- I have a Blue Angel, also a class A amp.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

class a eh?

Comment

I run my Orange AD50 at 35 watts Class A and it sound clearer and just as tight as 50 watt Class AB. I think flubby low end depends more on the speaker and cabinet construction. (open back vs closed)

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Pretty cool since the Classic 30 hit the market in the early 90's.

I would get it if I had the disposable cash to do so.
          Well it was a Peavey Classic.

They made the Classic in the 70's too

Thank you for taking the time to visit Blues Angel Music's Reverb store! Blues Angel Music, est. in 1997 in Pensacola, Florida, has been named by NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) as one of the "TOP 100" music stores in the USA since 2011!!! Your satisfaction is our #1 objective! ...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
            • The Classic 30 is cool! I think it even has some 18W Marshall vibe in it.

Just saying...
            I haven't played the 30 but my 20h definitely does a serviceable Marshall tone.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Well it was a Peavey Classic.

They made the Classic in the 70's too

https://reverb.com/item/1284114-peav...nds-jj-s-31133
              Yeah, but not the same amp. I don’t think it’s even the same design.

Comment

I was about to get a Classic 30; - a friend highly reccommended it.

But, got my Blackstar HT-20 instead .

too late to regret, i guess... but, for one thing. I suspect the Peavey's build quality is higher, and it also has a good (spring!) reverb;
                -while the Blackstars digital verb is rather mediocre. (And, it looks like ...made in poorest asia ripoff stereo under the hood). Still sounds rather nice tho :o

-Erl ♪
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Do eet!
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Man...I can't let go of my Fender Pro Jr. That would be the right thing to do....

And then I'd have four Peavey branded boxes in this room. That's a lot.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You just need to spread the four Peaveys around the house. Then they will not seem like a lot.
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I’d grab up a Classic 30 in a heartbeat.

Comment

Bob did you grab this amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                            Bob did you grab this amp?
                            Nah - I saw three in short succession. Figured if I really really wanted one I could just grab one.
                            Originally posted by Bad City
                            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                            X