Clear All

• JMP/HBE
    replied

*** "Go long go deep" >>>

Leave a comment:

• Wolfshead
    started a topic Bugera PS 1 Power Soak

Bugera PS 1 Power Soak

A few years ago I had a Marshall DSL20 head, but there was an issue with the FX loop on the older models and, well, it just never sounded that good to me. I sold it and bought a Peavey 6505 MH which sounded GREAT but just didn't look very good IMO. So I bought another DSL20HR in the hope the newer models would be better.
    The thing is, a Peavey 6505MH can go from 20 watts down to 5 or even 1 watt, so you can crank them and get a nice saturated tone. The Marshall only does 10 Watts minimum which is still FAR too loud for bedroom use and you're lucky if you can turn the master volume up to about 2 or 3!
    So I bought a Bugera PS1 and I have to say, this thing is an absolute bargain. Yes, it muffles the high end somewhat but all you have to do is turn up the treble and presence. I mean, if you're looking for the Holy Grail of tone and thinking of recording the next Appetite For Destruction or Master of Puppets with a PS1 hooked up, it's hardly ideal, but for playing in your bedroom and making a 20W amp SING it's an absolute Godsend. With the PS 1 I can crank the amp's master volume to 7 or more and it makes SUCH a big difference. The annoying fizziness of an un-cranked tube amp is gone, it sounds much more like you expect a Marshall to, even at low volumes.
    I absolutely love the thing!
    I think this would be a worthwhile addition to ANY bedroom guitarist's setup and probably useful for guys using 100W amps for small local gigs because it will let you crank things harder while losing little of the original tone.
Working...
X