No announcement yet.

Changes to the Amp World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	collage_idle_image_page3_4_1.png Views:	0 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	6165615

Friedman should design an FX Procesor in the similar vien as the AXE FX III cuz i probably would buy one even tho it would likely cost $6K.
    Those of us who grew up in the 60's & 70's have seen the writing on the wall for decades.

Comment

IIRC, my memory of the NuTube goes back to the early 2Ks. On Plexi Palace forum.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Wait, it wasn't?
        Just looked it up to see. 4yrs ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
          Some companies are implementing other pieces of gear into their amp offerings. I think this is great! It is nice to have a great tube amp and have an IR loader, attenuator, etc with it. I think more and more companies will follow what Mesa, Revv and probably others I am unaware of are doing.
          Hey Bogner, do you mind elaborating on what Mesa and Revy are "doing" Is it adding an IR loader into typical tube amp platforms like cab clone on MarkVs that we know and love or a whole new hybrid amp platform announcement?

The way Mesa can stack features in a chassis -nothing would not surprise me
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

NegativeEase The Revv D20 and G20 (and some of the bigger heads maybe, not familiar wiht those) have reactive loads and the Two Notes Torpedo IR loader built in.

The G20 is the high-gain follow up to the world's first Two notes Torpedo-Embedded amplifier. This all-tube head has an optional reactive load for organic feel & tone when playing without a cab & hosts virtual cabinets onboard for direct recording, silent playing, & live performance without a microphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

For sure. Power tubes are, what, 90% of tube amp headaches?
              For modern tube amps they have to be a significant portion. But they mount them in sockets expecting they will need to be changed.

If I was in a global or national touring act, with all that travel I might have lower expectations of preamp tubes.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The down side to adding all those features is that it drives the cost up dramatically and not everyone wants that feature. Even the people that do, might not like that implementation. You can add a gate for the high gain guys, but will it be better than something guys are already using? Feels funny to say all of that as a Mesa guy that used most of the features available on my Road King.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Hey Bogner, do you mind elaborating on what Mesa and Revy are "doing" Is it adding an IR loader into typical tube amp platforms like cab clone on MarkVs that we know and love or a whole new hybrid amp platform announcement?

The way Mesa can stack features in a chassis -nothing would not surprise me
                  IR loads, attenuation, etc. Kind of a hybrid to bridge the tube amp world we know and love with the tech of the recording and small spaces / low volume folks who want the sound without the volume.
                  The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                  X