Changes to the Amp World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the Amp World

Some companies are implementing other pieces of gear into their amp offerings. I think this is great! It is nice to have a great tube amp and have an IR loader, attenuator, etc with it. I think more and more companies will follow what Mesa, Revv and probably others I am unaware of are doing.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

MIDI should be standard on all amps. There has to be an existing .50c chip that can be flashed to handle midi and switch the amp.

That needs to come before IRs, loadboxes etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      MIDI should be standard on all amps. There has to be an existing .50c chip that can be flashed to handle midi and switch the amp.

MIDI is funny because it's such an ancient technology, yet still does what it does very well and still needed after all these decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

I was just kicking ideas...nothing was stated as more important, etc. A lot of amps already have midi though so that is why I mentioned the others as it is newer tech and becoming more and more of a thing these days.
        The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Anyone remember the "NuTube"?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
            Did it inspire the Nu-MeTuLz?

Comment

I think it is always evolving. New tech comes around and gets implemented in amps (like IRs on the direct out). Some features stick, and some are gone in a year or 2.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I haven't seen much change up until the last few years. FX Loop or no. Single channel or multi channel. Midi or no. I expect more of the tech to be implemented into the amps going forward. Suhr PT 15 is a good example of the evolution of amps and the bridging of tech IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Did it inspire the Nu-MeTuLz?
                  It did, and you can only get that toan with NuTubez.

Comment

But the Modelerz Model the TuBeZ in the Toanz so you can Haz TuBeZ

Comment

Ahhh yes. Did they ever move beyond Triode replacements? For guitar amps, phase inverters aside, unless they go microphonic the preamp tubes usually last forever. At least that is what I find in my amps. I will assert that the NuTube technology needs to be advanced to Tetrode and Pentode tubes, before guitar amplifiers will truly benefit.
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I remember really wanting a NuTubeScreamer . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	ibanez-nu-tube-screamer-overdrive-267117_532x532.jpg?v=1515936456.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	6165533
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I remember those.

Comment

That nutube screamer seems like just last week to me. Time flies when you get "older".

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                              That nutube screamer seems like just last week to me. Time flies when you get "older".
                              Wait, it wasn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X