Amp regrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp regrets?

Ever let an amp go that you wish you hadn't?

I had a Mesa Dual Rec (VERY LOW SERIAL NUMBER) that I sold for a mint but still regret selling it. Same with my old Bogner Ecstasy 100B.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't think about those amps and anytime I am looking for any amp I am always searching for those amps.
    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

bR00tZ denied!

Click image for larger version

Name:	id12s4lvopqzg3ddgbmf.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	6164246

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      bR00tZ denied!

Click image for larger version

Name:	id12s4lvopqzg3ddgbmf.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	6164246
      That looks like a decoy for carrying gold bars across the sea.
      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

The OG Marshall Valvestate 100 head. If I had gotten today's prices out of it there would be no regrets, but iirc I nearly had to give it away back in the late 90s.

Comment

Should have never sold my Randall RG120 orange stripe head. I sold it to get my first JC 120 combo. When I listen to old recordings of that amp I wonder what I was thinking when I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            The OG Marshall Valvestate 100 head. If I had gotten today's prices out of it there would be no regrets, but iirc I nearly had to give it away back in the late 90s.
            Its amazing what those are fetching now along with their renewed popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

Its amazing what those are fetching now along with their renewed popularity.
              They are popular again?

I had a Valvestate 40 and it was just ok.

Comment

I had a DSL50 A Fender super Sonic 22
                an or15
                A Princeton 68 custom

I really miss all of them now! They were each great at something. The or15 is easiest to replace.

Probably not as heavy as op's regrets but

I think about it when I play my bugera. I'm keenly aware that it is just ok.

Comment

1st Gen Peavey 5150 Head.
                  Marshall JCM 900 MkIII 100 watt head

Both are way too loud for anything I do now but man, both great amps.

Marshall Lead 12 Combo. Fun little amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
                    Never should have sold that 2x12 Recto cab. I got it from a friend for a song and sold it for about the same. Now they dont make them with the open/closed back option.
                    Oh that must have been the recto Road King 212. Did it have a C90 in one side and V30 in the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

It might have been what it turned into after they stopped calling it the Road King. It had two Mesa-branded UK-made V30s and two back panels - one full and the other half open.
                      Yeah that one seems more rare. Those are more like a tweekable pair of 112s. I bet it sounded great!

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        Yeah, you may as well add my Marshall VS100 combo to the list. I am not sure how much I would have played it but being 100/60 watts and 1x12 it was a great portable amp for jamming and small gigs. It definitely had its uses.

Comment

Selling my 80's Ampeg combo... Don't even remember the model. Sometimes I wish I'd kept my fuzzy Fender H.O.T.

Comment

The only amp I regret selling was a Carvin X100B. Great amp and at the time it just didn't do it for me. I liked everything about it though, which seems odd why I got rid of it, but I was more into the Soldano thing at that time. I have since grown and know now that the X100B would be more up my alley.

Comment

My only other regret is the Krank Rev Jr. I regret ever buying it, which is why it got sold after a couple years.
                              It sounded OK and never failed me, but having full-size glass I was expecting more thump/grab in the lows. It just sounded very small, albeit good.

The first thing I noticed when receiving it was that the power tubes were literally almost touching each other, like close enough it could have held a credit card tightly pinched between.
                              I could never get a handle on the highs either. They were always too harsh and annoying, or turned down they were too dark and murky.

Comment

Working...
                              X