Neural DSP Archetype: Petrucci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neural DSP Archetype: Petrucci

Neural DSP is doing 50% off amp plugins currently. Downloaded the Archetype: Petrucci trial. It’s nuts.

Kinda making me think I should sell some crap and get a Quad Cortex.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

I just grabbed Archetype: Gojira on the sale and was strongly contemplating Petrucci, but I already have Cali and Nolly and those cover SO dang much!

I won't be able to check out Gojira for a couple more weeks (movers have all of my stuff), but I know I'll like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      I just grabbed Archetype: Gojira on the sale and was strongly contemplating Petrucci, but I already have Cali and Nolly and those cover SO dang much!

I won't be able to check out Gojira for a couple more weeks (movers have all of my stuff), but I know I'll like it!
      Gojira’s sick. That’s what sold me on the Neural DSP stuff. Be sure to mix the cabs Also, the Whammy pedal is smoother than a real one. So, so good.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Just got done playing the hell out of the Soldano. I’ve used a bunch of modeling devices with a SLO100, nothing even close to how gnarly Neural’s version sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
          Neural DSP is doing 50% off amp plugins currently. Downloaded the Archetype: Petrucci trial. It’s nuts.

Kinda making me think I should sell some crap and get a Quad Cortex.
          I would let them iron out the bugs of the Quad. I know a few people who have got the Quad and were thinking it would be a box full of the plug ins quality wise and were disappointed that it wasn't that. Its a great unit but needs some things worked out (as expected in a product launch). YMMV
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post

I would let them iron out the bugs of the Quad. I know a few people who have got the Quad and were thinking it would be a box full of the plug ins quality wise and were disappointed that it wasn't that. Its a great unit but needs some things worked out (as expected in a product launch). YMMV
            Thanks for the heads up. In the meantime, I think I’m looking into a powered speaker for my MacBook. As nerdy as that is, these stand alone plugins are amazing.

Comment

Agreed, I can't believe there's not more interest in these on this forum. At 50% off, these are a great deal.

I know it seems weird to spend so much on "software" and certainly not everyone is ready for (or even comfortable with) a "virtual rig", but this is literally the future of guitar tone and production.

Software was getting pretty dang decent at amp emulation all the way back in the first iterations of AmpliTube, GarageBand, ReValver, etc., but this Neural stuff is next level.

There's a solid Facebook group with people posting killer clips and discussing these plug-ins all day long:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Awesome, I’ll check that out.

If you ever want some chaotic tones for low tuned riffs, check out any of the Fortin plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  If you ever want some chaotic tones for low tuned riffs, check out any of the Fortin plugins.
                  I already have the Fortin Cali. Bought it shortly after Nolly on a previous sale, but initially went with Nolly over Nameless because of the versatility. I only hear good things about the Nameless suite for down-tuned grit, though!

I'm currently averaging one new NDSP plug-in every 6 months or so. One thing I want to be careful of is stacking on too many options for myself. These are far less expensive to acquire than the actual amps they model, so it's really easy to get carried away with them!

That Petrucci Archetype, though...ugh! Do we know if any part of it is based on the JP-2C? That's a bit of a dream amp for me. I haven't seen a bad review of the suite.

Comment

I already have the Fortin Cali. Bought it shortly after Nolly on a previous sale, but initially went with Nolly over Nameless because of the versatility. I only hear good things about the Nameless suite for down-tuned grit, though!

I'm currently averaging one new NDSP plug-in every 6 months or so. One thing I want to be careful of is stacking on too many options for myself. These are far less expensive to acquire than the actual amps they model, so it's really easy to get carried away with them!

That Petrucci Archetype, though...ugh! Do we know if any part of it is based on the JP-2C? That's a bit of a dream amp for me. I haven't seen a bad review of the suite.
                    I *think* the two OD voicings are from that amp. I haven’t gotten really down and dirty to see how much switching is available, but so far, it’s righteous.

Big +1 on avoiding option paralysis. At first I was apprehensive of plugins because I wasn’t getting 75 different amps, 200 effects, but it’s turned out to be a blessing.

Comment

Agreed, I can't believe there's not more interest in these on this forum. At 50% off, these are a great deal.

I know it seems weird to spend so much on "software" and certainly not everyone is ready for (or even comfortable with) a "virtual rig", but this is literally the future of guitar tone and production.
                      Bingo.

Comment

Picked up the Fortin NTS. Couldn't resist. Was contemplating the Granophyre too as I was looking for something more modern sounding to go with the SLO-100, but the NTS having 2 channels convinced me over the single channel of the Omega.

To add to what Masta'C and LLL said: can't tell if this is the future or not, but there is literally no downside to it. cheap, can be tried with a fully functional free trial and even if someone could spot tell the plugin and real rig apart in a recorded blind test, they still have waaaaay more positives. Convenience, ease of use, the already mentioned price and the ability to completely reamp a session with 2 clicks is just crazy.

Comment

The problem with plugins is that they don't have good footswitch integration like a hardware processor. And you can't (easily) take them to a gig.

Are these plugins better than current crop of hardware modelers?

What someone really needs to do is build a dedicated VST host pedalboard. It would really just be a computer/audio interface with a touch screen and a bunch of footswitches / control knobs. Then develop a control framework/plugin that VST developers can build into their product that enables the hardware to control them.

Last edited by Top-L; 04-12-2022, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                            Picked up the Fortin NTS. Couldn't resist. Was contemplating the Granophyre too as I was looking for something more modern sounding to go with the SLO-100, but the NTS having 2 channels convinced me over the single channel of the Omega.

To add to what Masta'C and LLL said: can't tell if this is the future or not, but there is literally no downside to it. cheap, can be tried with a fully functional free trial and even if someone could spot tell the plugin and real rig apart in a recorded blind test, they still have waaaaay more positives. Convenience, ease of use, the already mentioned price and the ability to completely reamp a session with 2 clicks is just crazy.
                            You won't have to worry about running out of t00bz either.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                              The problem with plugins is that they don't have good footswitch integration like a hardware processor. And you can't (easily) take them to a gig.

Are these plugins better than current crop of hardware modelers?

What someone really needs to do is build a dedicated VST host pedalboard. It would really just be a computer/audio interface with a touch screen and a bunch of footswitches / control knobs. Then develop a control framework/plugin that VST developers can build into their product that enables the hardware to control them.

That is where the Kemper can come in. You get your sounds in studio, profile them to Kemper and there is your live rig. You just have to be creative.
                              The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Working...
                              X