Preorder is in for Marshall dsl20cr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preorder is in for Marshall dsl20cr

I put in a pre-order today for a Marshall dsl20cr combo amp. This is going to be my first tube amp, I had always wanted one but never had the money for one so since they all seem to be disappearing I figured I would dip into the moving fund and snag one before they're gone. I pre-ordered from musicians friend and they are expecting them in one week so hopefully won't have to wait long. Will post a review when it arrives!
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Look forward to that review! That amp gets some pretty good reviews.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Welcome to the Marshall club. I hope the amp brings you many years of enjoyment

Comment

I never pre-order or back-order.
        Burn & learn.

Comment

Necro this thread in late 2023 when the amp arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
            Necro this thread in late 2023 when the amp arrives.
            I was told they should ship out in about a week or so. I'm not waiting any longer than a couple weeks, if they don't come in soon I know where to purchase one at immediately but I'm trying to go through MF for points and easy returns.
            It's funny how some stories became historic,
            especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
            But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Doesnt that limit your choices significantly these days?

I have ordered five new guitars in the last two years. Every one has been a pre-order or a back-order.
              Have any of you ever thought about visiting some pawn shops?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesnt that limit your choices significantly these days?

I have ordered five new guitars in the last two years. Every one has been a pre-order or a back-order.
                Nope i never hardly buy retail. And if i do its gotta be ready to ship.
                MF and big box stores lie thier arses off regularly.
                Its either in stock ready to ship or it ain't.
                I much prefer small businesses or private sellers.
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 04-15-2022, 08:52 PM.

Comment

JIT production has been a thing for decades folks. If it's in stock ready to ship, it's likely floor demo, B-stock or someone screwed up someone else's order. Larger businesses try to avoid storing inventory at all costs. Most orders are practically a drop-ship operation from the manufacturer.

Comment

MF doesn't charge your account until the item is ready to ship. I personally will only pre-order on rare occasion.

Comment

Sometimes, a preorder is the only way to get your gear.

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I love back orders. They give me excuse to delay purchase indefinitely.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

I tried it, A/B, with a Blackstar HT-20mkII (which I own).

The Marshall had, well- 2-3x the midrange of the Blackstar, and the classic lovable Marshall sound. I found the reverb lacking.

Also, the whole voicing was more "bandpass at around 1khz", while the Blackstar is a "hammock", lacking mids in my ears. (that I'm using a 10-band to correct for)

Congrats on your new amp!

-E
                          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Plus, you are not hoarding gear that way. Because the only thing worse than never buying anything is buying too many things.
                            The only thing worse is buying too many things and then never enjoying any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                              I tried it, A/B, with a Blackstar HT-20mkII (which I own).

The Marshall had, well- 2-3x the midrange of the Blackstar, and the classic lovable Marshall sound. I found the reverb lacking.

Also, the whole voicing was more "bandpass at around 1khz", while the Blackstar is a "hammock", lacking mids in my ears. (that I'm using a 10-band to correct for)

Congrats on your new amp!

-E
                              I suppose that the Marshall mids are the reason that the idea of scooping them was originally intended for.
                              The Blackstar doesn't need scooping.

Comment

Working...
                              X