NAD: Mesa Express 5:50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Mesa Express 5:50

I've wanted one of these since they were first released. I saw one come up at too good a price to pass up. I made a long drive to pick it up and bring it home and it was well worth it. This amp sounds amazing, from cleanest cleans to obscene gain and everything in between. Still has the stock 12" Black Shadow 90 speaker.

I still love my Traynor YCS-50 but it's nice to have two amps of similar size and output with distinctly different flavours. That said, if one had to go, the Mesa would stay.
    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

These were open-back right? What does it have for external speaker outs? I assume probably two 4ohm and a single 8ohm. Does it have a 16ohm out?

Yeah these were really just all the Mesa quality without quite so many bells and whistles. Sort-of like a modern Nomad iirc.

Comment

Dave: You are correct that it's open-back and yes, it has 8ohm and two 4 ohm speaker jacks. You can plug a 16 ohm load in the 8ohm jack.

For a amp "without the bells and whistles" it still has plenty of options. Tons of tones to be had.
      "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X