Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wah Troubles

Hi,
    I've got a Vox 847 that has only been modifed for a true bypass, but I've been trying to connect a power supply without actually modifying it. It doesn't have an external one So far I've tried connecting a 9V battery clip to a 3.5 mm ac jack, and then connecting the two battery clips together (reversing the wiring to accomodate the clips), but it seems to cause a huge grounding issue. Should i just solder the 3.5 mm to the wires for the power supply anyways? I'm really at a loss. It seems that unless I use a battery, its gonna give me a huge hum and not even work.

Re: Wah Troubles

When you hook it up with the 9v wall wart it just totally doesn't work?

Aaron
    Finch Amplification - Under Conschmuction
    Handcrafted Tone Machines

Guitars: Hollow Les Paul, Strat
    Effects on my board: Finch Brain Box (Loopbox/Piezo Pre/Power Conditioner), Finch Super-Wah, Finch Clean Squeeze, Finch Fat Lady, Finch-O-Plex, Finch TremBaby, Finch Two Face, Boss Delay
    Amps: Finch '59 Studio (Stereo 2x10, EL84 mini-stack)

Comment

first of all, does it work with just the battery??

maybe StratDeluxer can help - he bypassed mine, and added an adapter socket
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Your wah needs a specific power supply board built that has a resistance value,a cap,and a diode for protection....This board also offers a buffered power supply....Adding external power supplies is part of my wah mods and the jack is part of the mods also...

If the pedal doesn't work with just a battery,then you have other issues?
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

wah troubles ehh?

quit bein a crybaby!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA ...I've been waiting for an opportunity to say that for years ...

Sorry. I have nothing useful to post
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
            wah troubles ehh?

quit bein a crybaby!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA ...I've been waiting for an opportunity to say that for years ...

Sorry. I have nothing useful to post
            Hey Jeff.......I get wAH you're saying! LOL
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
              Hey Jeff.......I get wAH you're saying! LOL
              :giggle:

hee hee
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

No, the wah works with the battery, but it can only take batteries; there is no jack for a 9v power supply. I'm just trying to find a way to use a power supply without externally modifying the wah.
                here's what i tried:
                9 v wall wart --> 3.5mm ac jack (from The Source) --> soldered to a battery clip which then connects to the battery clip inside the wah.
                but this gives a load of hum, even though the solder connections are good. maybe I could just add in a resistor, a cap and a diode?
                What do you think?
                A

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart
                  No, the wah works with the battery, but it can only take batteries; there is no jack for a 9v power supply. I'm just trying to find a way to use a power supply without externally modifying the wah.
                  here's what i tried:
                  9 v wall wart --> 3.5mm ac jack (from The Source) --> soldered to a battery clip which then connects to the battery clip inside the wah.
                  but this gives a load of hum, even though the solder connections are good. maybe I could just add in a resistor, a cap and a diode?
                  What do you think?
                  A
                  Send it to me and I'll make a pro board that you'll never have problems with...Do it right!

Comment

Working...
                  X