• Show
Clear All

• NAD!!!

This'll wake the neighbors up... Click image for larger version

Name:	20220506_180047.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	6171239

I never saw one of these before it is really cool. I just took a look at their website. Are all of the amp and effect models bundled with the core product or do they give you a few and charge for additional content?

Comment

Don't know yet, I've just unpacked it and I'm charging it up - USB-C, same as my Android phone.

Comment

So I got it charged and the firmware updated.

So far I've found the drum machine. More fun than a flipping metronome, but don't expect Charlie Watts, The Professor, Bonzo, Moonie, etc. Enough to play along to, and that's enough really.

The app is used to set up the thing for various amplifier emulations, including most of the usual suspects from Fender, Marshall and Vox. You can tweak those as you like and save them as one of up to 7 presets.

It also has a line in socket and Bluetooth, so I presume you can hook it up to your phone or iPad or whatever and play other stuff to jam along to.

The wireless thingumy for plugging into your guirar works, Not sure how long it will last before getting lost, but you can always plug in a regular cable.

Main thing is, it actually sounds pretty darned good, even with just two 3-inch speakers.

Comment

A few free backing tracks are included, but don't expect the BBC record library. That's what the line in and or Bluetooth are for.

One thing it IS missing is a built in tuner, but that would have required a little LED array or an LCD panel or something, probably bumping up the retail price by a disproportionate amount.

I paid $125 including free shipping for an open box on eBay BTW, so less than most Boss pedals
          Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 05-07-2022, 08:23 AM.

Comment

That would be great for jamming on the deck or warning up before a gig. I really dig it.

Comment

Or traveling. It'll go in a carry-on no problem, it weighs next to nothing, and you can use the Bluetooth or line in to listen to music or the radio etc using your phone.

Comment

One annoying thing I've found is the wireless transmitter needs a micro USB charging cord (but can be charged off the amp too), whereas the amp uses a USB-C.

I mean, why??

Comment

Working...
                X