Cannabis Rex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis Rex

Seems to be very popular among 12" speakers, but anyone have experience with the 10"? ...and if so... please spill the beans.

It's such a silly name. I was looking at the 12's but they're too pricey for me.

Comment

No experience with the 10s or Cannabis Rex. I do have Eminence hemp cones and I can tell you they are very warm sounding. They are without a doubt, my best-sounding speakers.

Comment

I was wondering if it might be what I need for my prri.

Playing at home it sounds great, but at volume the high end is harsh and predominant. I also wouldn't mind something a bit more efficient than the stock jensen speaker, although - I haven't been able to find the exact efficiency.

I'm trying to come up with a short list and thought it seemed to have potential.

Comment

What arebyou stock Jenson's?

Comment

I think it's a C10N, but I'm not 100%

Comment

Just got back home and checked it. It's a C10R

Comment

I've never tried the 10, but have been happily using the 12 for more than a decade and been very happy with it.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Same here. The 12 is probably my fave speaker but haven’t tried the 10”.

Comment

If you fry one of these at least you'll get high.

Comment

I have a 10" Cannabis Rex in my Fender Bassbreaker 007 Combo. Made the cleans smoother than the stock speaker and the gain makes me smile more. Definitely worth checking out, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                        I have a 10" Cannabis Rex in my Fender Bassbreaker 007 Combo. Made the cleans smoother than the stock speaker and the gain makes me smile more. Definitely worth checking out, IMO.
                        Great, thanks.

Comment

I opted for the C Rex 10" in the end and now have it in my PRRI.

Just had a short time to test it out yesterday but it's definitely a huge improvement on the stock Jensen.

It does add a good bit of weight, but so far that and the price (when I originally looked at it it wasn't too bad, but went up 30 euros before I had a chance to pick it up) seem to be the only downsides.

I clearly haven't had time to break it in yet, but so far so good.

It adds to the mids without overpowering the character of the amp itself - which is what I was hoping for.

I have only tried it out at home and my real concern was taming down the piercing brightness at higher volumes, so I have no idea yet if it has solved that issue but I am very pleased with what I have tested.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                            ]
                            I clearly haven't had time to break it in yet, but so far so good.
                            To break in speakers and burn in tubes faster I play a clip on my looper and let it play all day while I am at work. Not sure how this would work if you have neighbors close by.

Comment

i love the 12" crex, glad the 10" seems cool too. the hemp cone will take a while to break in, but even out of the box ive been very happy with mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X