Carr Slant 6v...?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carr Slant 6v...?!

from the clips on the site and the description, (which i take with a grain of salt, although they are supposed to be straight guitar & amp..no efx) i think i've found the amp of my dreams...!?

anyone who's owned one or had experiences with one...tell me everything...the good and the bad and the ugly.

i plan to go try one out soon at Willcutt guitars in Lexington, that's the closest dealer to me (Louisville, KY) and i've always wanted to make a trek down there and check out all of their awesome gear anyways!

thanks in advance,
    mike
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: Carr Slant 6v...?!

I know 2 differnt people that have them. One guy is not a very good player and uses just the clean channel. He also owns a '65 Super reverb and he prefers the Super.

The other guy is a monster player and he loves it. He has told me that the clean channel rivals a twin and the drive channel sounded better than a DSL when they compared them. As good as this guy can play I am somwhat suspect of his opinions because I feel his live sound is a little bland. I also have had much desire to play thru one of these. I am currently using a Super Reverb and Marshall 900 which I A/B. I would love to be able to have one box to do it all. Keep me posted on how you like this amp. I am very interested in your opinion!!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Re: Carr Slant 6v...?!

i tried one a long time ago and liked it. ive used a carr mercury a bunch and it is a great little amp, not loud enough to gig but the tone is very nice and it records amazingly well

Comment

Working...
      X