Unexpected new cab day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected new cab day!

Walked into a local shop that handles Mesa Boogie and one of the guys I know grabbed me and showed me a new Mesa 1/12 wide body cab the owner had just marked down for clearance at $350! Needless to say it left with me. Sounds GREAT under my little MT 15 and also with my Mesa Subway Rocket. One of those deals ya just cant walk away from LOL! Has the Black Shadow version of the Vin 30 and is one bad little cab!
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Must be a Mesa C90 speaker. Congrats!

Is that cab open, closed, or ported? Might be a Lonestar cab too.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
      Must be a Mesa C90 speaker. Congrats!

Is that cab open, closed, or ported? Might be a Lonestar cab too.
      It's one of these and yes its loaded with a C90 not a Vin 30 after closer inspection. First time I have heard the C 90 like it a LOT! $350 for a brand new one of these was a deal I couldn't walk away from!
      Last edited by Ascension; 07-01-2022, 10:00 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Yeah those are great. With a 112,especially the more compact 112s I much prefer the open-back design like yours.
        They are great also for blending with a closed-back to add that extra spacial feel.

I remember Boogie Bill was a big fan of that setup. Hope he is OK, it's been awhile and he had some health issues to battle.

Comment

That is so cool. I have been gassing for a 1x12

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
            Yeah those are great. With a 112,especially the more compact 112s I much prefer the open-back design like yours.
            They are great also for blending with a closed-back to add that extra spacial feel.

I remember Boogie Bill was a big fan of that setup. Hope he is OK, it's been awhile and he had some health issues to battle.
            Same here on the open back smaller 1/12 cabs. I have the PRS 2/12 Deep cab I run with my PRS Archon that's a closed back. Relatively small and light for a 2/12 but really hammers HARD outdoors or in a bigger room. I needed a better sounding 1/12 for smaller gigs. This one will be used with my PRS MT 15 or my Mesa Subway Rocket as a smaller more compact rig. Lot bigger sound stage with more bottom than the Egnater Tweaker 1/12 cab I have.
            Guitars

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X