fender pro reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fender pro reverb

i played this at a local shop and loved it. it has nice cleans and an overdrive tone that i love and can use. it says on the site it uses two 6l6's, seven 12ax7's, and a 12at7. am i correct in assuming that the 6l6's are used for the clean side and the 12at7 is used for the overdrive channel?

Re: fender pro reverb

The 6L6's are power tubes that power both channels.

The 12AT7 is most likely the preamp tube for the reverb. It's a lower output tube than the 12AX7 and is most commonly used as a reverb driver, though it can be used in other preamp positions, too.

I would go find out for sure, but I just did a search for someone else and it sucked the energy out of me...lol
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

thanks. so what im hearing when i turn the gain up are the 6L6's distorting?

Comment

Originally posted by nepalnt21
        no it was probably just preamp gain. you don't really distort power tubes until its really cranked

Comment

Originally posted by nepalnt21
          No, actually I'd say it's one of the 12AX7s that's responsible for the gain channel... Most amps use one of their preamp tubes for overdrive, (mostly the on ein the 1st position). The 6L6's are distorting if you turn the amp's volume up ( although these need to be turned up quite a bit AFAIK)

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

thanks errboddy.

Comment

From the Fender Pro Tube Series, I think the Concert Reverb is the best sounding version, w/4-10's. Luckily, new Fender amps depreciate in price quite a bit, so you can score a used one for around $800. These amps have the best highgain circuit Fender's ever had, so the gain channel can be used for a vintage flavor, but also do metal pretty good with Duncan humbuckers.

Pro Tube amps have tube driven reverb and tremolo, so tha AT7 is a driver for one or both. Also, there's a removeable plate on the back of the amp, so you can bias the amp yourself with a voltmeter, without even having to remove the chassis. I wish all Fender amps had that cool feature!
              I had a Concert Reverb for a couple years, and it was a great sounding amp, especially after I retubed it with GT12AX7C's and Svetlana 6L6's.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Just for the info, it has
                2 X 6L6
                2 X 12AX7A
                5 X 12AX7WA
                1 X 12AT7

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  From the Fender Pro Tube Series, I think the Concert Reverb is the best sounding version, w/4-10's. Luckily, new Fender amps depreciate in price quite a bit, so you can score a used one for around $800. These amps have the best highgain circuit Fender's ever had, so the gain channel can be used for a vintage flavor, but also do metal pretty good with Duncan humbuckers.

Pro Tube amps have tube driven reverb and tremolo, so tha AT7 is a driver for one or both. Also, there's a removeable plate on the back of the amp, so you can bias the amp yourself with a voltmeter, without even having to remove the chassis. I wish all Fender amps had that cool feature!
                  I had a Concert Reverb for a couple years, and it was a great sounding amp, especially after I retubed it with GT12AX7C's and Svetlana 6L6's.
                  i do love the gain better than most other amps ive played. i dont even know why, but its really good. i would go buy it right now, but i am worried about the weight issue. i definately do not want to be hauling a 75+ pound amp up and down stairs and to and from shows.

Comment

Working...
                  X