problems with amp. HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with amp. HELP

I have a Peavy Ultra PLus head. The other day I was carrying it to a jam session and noticed it felt like the internals were shifting as I walked.
    First, I dont think this is supposed to happen. (what should I check to fix?)
    Second, whatever it was was causing to pop and crackle on clean and hum alot while on.
    Please help! It doesnt have alot of playing time on it.. Thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: problems with amp. HELP

Maybe a lose cable?

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose
      I have a Peavy Ultra PLus head. The other day I was carrying it to a jam session and noticed it felt like the internals were shifting as I walked.
      First, I dont think this is supposed to happen. (what should I check to fix?)
      Second, whatever it was was causing to pop and crackle on clean and hum alot while on.
      Please help! It doesnt have alot of playing time on it.. Thanks
      It would be important BR to find out what is moving around. It would be difficult to go any further without knowing that information.

You may need to take the chassis out of the amp to find this out. The chassis is the metal enclosue inside the amp that holds the electronics, controls, and most of the "brains" of the amp.
      Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
      Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

I hum could be bad pre-amp tubes. To check that just tap them with something like a wooden stick.
        Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
        Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
        Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
        Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
        Fender Frontman 15g
        Cry Baby
        Boss DS-2
        Boss CE-3
        Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Working...
        X