stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

csn u plasy just through a head of a stack or do you need a cabinet. i know, dumb question
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    Ah yes, a Gibsom Res Paur. Good fortune comes to buyer!

Re: stupid question

You'll need a cab as heads have no speakers. And as others have said before 1000 times: The only dumb question is the one that's not asked.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Its not a dumb question dude, I didn't even know the differance between solid state and tube 3 months ago. Yeh if you get a combo it has the cab attached to the head, but a head by itself has no speakers at all.
      Originally posted by BeanDip
      No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
      Belman double cutaway Grand
      Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

i think its actually really bad for it if you play thorugh it without a cab. on the back of some amps its a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by nepalnt21
          i think its actually really bad for it if you play thorugh it without a cab. on the back of some amps its a warning.
          Playing a head without a cab attached will fry the amps output transformer

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Not a dumb question DGK, better you ask it than hurt your amp.
            Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
            Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Working...
            X