Getting zapped by SM-58 mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've pulled the amp apart for some testing. Here are my findings:
    • Measured live > chassis ground and neutral > chassis ground. Meter reads OL, which according to this means there's an issue?
    • Having trouble figuring out the power transformer pinout, there's no data sheet for it anywhere. Am I correct to interpret it's a single primary with two secondaries? Black-White reads 122ohm, Red-Red reads 253ohm, but Blue-Blue reads 4ohm.
    • I am getting 98ohm from green to chassis ground, but I get continuity between green and the input jack.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WFwFPxB.png
Views:	110
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	6189094

Does this give any clues?

Comment

Fixed it. I mean, actually fixed it this time. It was the cheap ****ty power supply that came with the MIC500USB, which has no earth pin. I thought I'd tried a different one but apparently not. Replace it with a good quality one with an earth pin - no shocks. Go back to the original - non-contact voltage tester goes nuts. Rinse and repeat.

The model is TCHELICON ADS-12AE-12 12012E if anyone wants to avoid it like the plague.

Comment

Just be glad you're not a Lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by spleenharvester View Post
          Fixed it. I mean, actually fixed it this time. It was the cheap ****ty power supply that came with the MIC500USB, which has no earth pin. I thought I'd tried a different one but apparently not. Replace it with a good quality one with an earth pin - no shocks. Go back to the original - non-contact voltage tester goes nuts. Rinse and repeat.

The model is TCHELICON ADS-12AE-12 12012E if anyone wants to avoid it like the plague.
          Behringer strikes again.

Comment

Working...
          X