Where are all the Greenbacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the Greenbacks?

Well we could all use a few more of those kinda greenbacks but seems the 16 ohm version are on a ship somewhere. Sweetwater, MF, GC, Amazon...all back ordered. Had to resort to Stewmac Lord's sake! Anyway. Hope your new gear is on a shelf or a lorry and not on boat.

The G12M Greenback has evolved over the decades but still retains its essential, sought- after tone.Angus Young has been a Greenback devotee since the earl...

Comment

i got my 16 ohms from an old marshall cab. it was falling apart but the speakers were in good shape. the amp i use most with the g12m is a little 8w-12w super modded musicmaster bass amp. sounds GLORIOUS in a mix

Comment

I should have pointed-out in my previous post that even though Avatar sells them for $30 less, there is one difference. You do not get an original Celestion box because they buy them bulk by the pallet. They are boxed well for shipping though. My pair of 8ohm K100 were from Avatar on an overstock sale for $89 each a year or two ago.

Comment

Avatar would have saved me a few bucks. Forgot about them really.

Comment

I absconded with all of them.

Comment

in that case, im glad i have the few that i need

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                in that case, im glad i have the few that i need
                I am still sitting on a quad of blackbacks with 1777 stamped Pulsonic cones. Still trying to figure out what to put them in.

Comment

cool speakers, mid to late 70s right?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    cool speakers, mid to late 70s right?
                    My date code is 1972 IIRC. I don't need another 4x12 so I have been thinking about a 1x2 cab to put one of them in.

Comment

There’s a speaker identic to the greenback, I think it’s the blackback (G12M?) because they ran out of green rings and just sold them as the latter when they’re the same speaker on the inside.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

American Musical Supply have the 16 Ohm G12M Greenbacks in stock.

I got my 16ohm Greenbacks in 2 Peavey 112-6 cabs going on 3 years ago now. So I have my GB fix already.

Comment

AMS? Wow...I'd forgotten about them entirely. Seems their marketing department has some work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                            AMS? Wow...I'd forgotten about them entirely. Seems their marketing department has some work to do.
                            They are my #1 place for guitar stuff so I always check there 1st.

Comment

Arrived Sunday. Installed Monday. Now's time to fire it and it's slightly older brother up. 100 watts of Uncle Jim's progeny stands ready shake 'em back and forth a few million times so we'll see what's watt. (LesStrat joke...sorry.) 2x12's chock full of toney goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X