No announcement yet.

Why do people like Creambacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like open and bright, you may want to also consider the Eminence Manowar, they are exactly that.

...also the WGS Veterans are a lot like the V30 but different enough to stand out, I really like their tonal shape.

I don't have much experience with creambacks, but I remember thinking they were just ok. I dislike greenbacks because they do not chug well at all.
    Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 08-22-2022, 10:09 PM.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      Yeah, Creamback M's are smoother and darker than Greenbacks.

Creamback H's are the same way with H30's.

IME, neither Creamback H's or H30's for that matter have a ton of low-end.
      If I want smooth, slightly darker and creamy, i usually take G12-65. Do you happen to know how this one differs from a creamback?
      Last edited by LRS; 08-23-2022, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I can only speak for the 10” Creamback, which I use in a closed-back cab with an Orange OR15. It provides a nice amount of “sizzle” that a 10” Greenback would normally need to be cranked up a bit in order to achieve. The Creamback sounds good at all volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by LRS View Post

If I want smooth, slightly darker and creamy, i usually take G12-65. Do you happen to know how this one differs from a creamback?
          They're sort of similar in that they're both supposed to be higher-powered greenbacks to an extent.

The Creamback is slightly more raunchy. More Greenback-like, IMO. Squishier and rounder with a hint of the usual Celestion grittiness.

The G12-65 is a bit more hollow. Slightly less mid-focused. Still vintage-y, but just a nudge towards the T-75 voicing without going to such extremes, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
            If you like open and bright, you may want to also consider the Eminence Manowar,
            I have a 120W Manowar in a Marshall JCM 1x12

It's definitely bright and dimensional

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I've been thinking about changing out one if not both of the v30s in my Orange 2x12 so I've been watching a bunch of speaker comparisons. The M and H Creambacks sound pretty different. I think I like the extended range of the G12H-75s:

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. " - Bukowski

"A banker will take a guitar and play three notes on it. A rock star will take a guitar and throw it across the room. " - David Lee Roth

Comment

thats, in some ways, similar to the g12m and g12h. the m has beautiful upper mids but the h is more full frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdwillis View Post
                  I've been thinking about changing out one if not both of the v30s in my Orange 2x12 so I've been watching a bunch of speaker comparisons. The M and H Creambacks sound pretty different. I think I like the extended range of the G12H-75s:

Swap one of the Vintage 30's for a 12T-75.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X