banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HB vintage vertical 2x12 can arrived, one question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB vintage vertical 2x12 can arrived, one question...

I got my Harley Benton vertical 2x12 cab today. This was such a killer deal at $307 shipped and it's equipped with Celestion vintage 30's! I just have one question though; on the back there is the input jack and there is also a 'through' jack. Can someone please tell me what this jack is for? Thank you.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Hooking another cab. If it came with a manual it should tell you if it maintains the impedance or halves it.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Is this cab powered?
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Is this cab powered?
        No it's not powered and it has 8 impedance it doesn't say whether it splits the impedance or not it only came with a one page safety warnings.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Man, I gotta hear the verdict on a 300 dollar V30 cab

-most v30 twin cabs are 600-900 dollars

Break that thing in and report back!
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

The through should just be an outout. You can run another 8ohm cab from it from a single 4ohm amp output. (daisy-chained)
            You also could run each cab from two separate 4ohm amp outputs. Just depends on how you want to run your cabling, and what the amp has for outputs.

Comment

Yep; it's for daisychaining two cabs from one output.

The question is whether it puts the two cabs in series or in parallel. Most likely it'd be parallel.
              Try plugging a cable into the Through jack for a second while playing at low volume.
              If you still get sound, it's parallel. If your cab cuts out, it's wired for series.
              (Don't continue run your amp without sound; amps need a speaker load.)

If it's parallel, adding another 8 Ohm cab would give a 4 Ohm load as dave74 said.
              If it's series, adding another 8 Ohm cab would give a 16 Ohm load.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Mike, what kind of head are you running through it?

Comment

I could be tempted to get one of those.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I was looking for a 1x12 for my G12H blackback. I could buy the HB for $144 sell the V30 for ~ $70 real fast on eBay and have a great cab for $74 bucks.

Comment

My home-build 1x12 has a cab-thru/out that maintains the impedance (parallel) so one of us could tell you just by seeing how it’s wired up or from a schematic.

I’m tempted to get one as it’s literally cheaper than buying 2 V30s and if I don’t like the cabinet I can put them in one of my Marshall cabs. Makes me wonder if they’re selling them at a loss.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

I would assume it is a parallel jack so weird that they call it "through' since the jacks are wired the same. Would be easy to check with a meter, but I'm assuming you don't have one? Or just take the back off and take a picture of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          I could be tempted to get one of those.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                          Agreed. a $300 V30 cab is a no lose proposition in my mind.
                          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

That's a disturbingly good deal!

Comment

Okay but we all need to space out our purchase times so they don’t figure they’ve cornered the market or they won’t stay $300 for long!

Comment

Working...
                              X