banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HB vintage vertical 2x12 can arrived, one question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't possibly sound good with those china v30!

For 212 cabs that are not truly oversized the china v30 is actually better IMO. They have a slightly more open spectrum, or maybe just less in the middle, but that seems to help a normal size 212 form sounding so stuffy. Obviously we can adjust the amp's controls to compensate for various cabs, but if you play 412s usually and go to a single 212 the stuffier tone is obvious.

edit; If you want a v30 212 to sound more like or even better than a v30 412, combine a v30 with a k100 in a 212.

For a practice (alone) lower volume cab I've always wanted a vertical 212 with a GB on bottom and a t75 on top.
    Last edited by dave74; 08-27-2022, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      I was looking for a 1x12 for my G12H blackback. I could buy the HB for $144 sell the V30 for ~ $70 real fast on eBay and have a great cab for $74 bucks.
      Hey everyone it took me a minute to get everything in the mail but hooked up and played it sounds awesome. I'm running a PRS MT15 head into it and man is this thing loud!!! It's got 8 tubes in a 15 watt amp! Solid state rectifier but tube driven effects loop. At half power it's about the same as my DSL40 on 20 watt mode! No joke. But the cab sounds amazing it's very open, articulate but still dirty. I also have a Marshall 1x12 with a Celestion seventy 80 in it and that is noticably darker. More mids and sounds a bit more stuffy which I didn't realize until I compared the two. The mids in the vintage 30's are there but more clear in a way. But this is my new favorite amp!
      Attached Files
      It's funny how some stories became historic,
      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
        My home-build 1x12 has a cab-thru/out that maintains the impedance (parallel) so one of us could tell you just by seeing how it’s wired up or from a schematic.

I’m tempted to get one as it’s literally cheaper than buying 2 V30s and if I don’t like the cabinet I can put them in one of my Marshall cabs. Makes me wonder if they’re selling them at a loss.
        It didn't come with a schematic or manual it only came with 1 page of safety warnings and there's no way you can remove the back without destroying the cabinet, the construction is permanent.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
        X