banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HB vintage vertical 2x12 can arrived, one question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikelamury
    replied
    Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
    My home-build 1x12 has a cab-thru/out that maintains the impedance (parallel) so one of us could tell you just by seeing how it’s wired up or from a schematic.

I’m tempted to get one as it’s literally cheaper than buying 2 V30s and if I don’t like the cabinet I can put them in one of my Marshall cabs. Makes me wonder if they’re selling them at a loss.
    It didn't come with a schematic or manual it only came with 1 page of safety warnings and there's no way you can remove the back without destroying the cabinet, the construction is permanent.

Leave a comment:

• Mikelamury
    replied
    Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I was looking for a 1x12 for my G12H blackback. I could buy the HB for $144 sell the V30 for ~ $70 real fast on eBay and have a great cab for $74 bucks.
    Hey everyone it took me a minute to get everything in the mail but hooked up and played it sounds awesome. I'm running a PRS MT15 head into it and man is this thing loud!!! It's got 8 tubes in a 15 watt amp! Solid state rectifier but tube driven effects loop. At half power it's about the same as my DSL40 on 20 watt mode! No joke. But the cab sounds amazing it's very open, articulate but still dirty. I also have a Marshall 1x12 with a Celestion seventy 80 in it and that is noticably darker. More mids and sounds a bit more stuffy which I didn't realize until I compared the two. The mids in the vintage 30's are there but more clear in a way. But this is my new favorite amp!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    Can't possibly sound good with those china v30!

For 212 cabs that are not truly oversized the china v30 is actually better IMO. They have a slightly more open spectrum, or maybe just less in the middle, but that seems to help a normal size 212 form sounding so stuffy. Obviously we can adjust the amp's controls to compensate for various cabs, but if you play 412s usually and go to a single 212 the stuffier tone is obvious.

edit; If you want a v30 212 to sound more like or even better than a v30 412, combine a v30 with a k100 in a 212.

For a practice (alone) lower volume cab I've always wanted a vertical 212 with a GB on bottom and a t75 on top.
    Last edited by dave74; 08-27-2022, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied
    Okay but we all need to space out our purchase times so they don’t figure they’ve cornered the market or they won’t stay $300 for long!

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    That's a disturbingly good deal!

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Originally posted by Demanic View Post
    I could be tempted to get one of those.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
    Agreed. a $300 V30 cab is a no lose proposition in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied
    I would assume it is a parallel jack so weird that they call it "through' since the jacks are wired the same. Would be easy to check with a meter, but I'm assuming you don't have one? Or just take the back off and take a picture of it.

Leave a comment:

• El Dunco
    replied
    My home-build 1x12 has a cab-thru/out that maintains the impedance (parallel) so one of us could tell you just by seeing how it’s wired up or from a schematic.

I’m tempted to get one as it’s literally cheaper than buying 2 V30s and if I don’t like the cabinet I can put them in one of my Marshall cabs. Makes me wonder if they’re selling them at a loss.

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    I was looking for a 1x12 for my G12H blackback. I could buy the HB for $144 sell the V30 for ~ $70 real fast on eBay and have a great cab for $74 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied
    I could be tempted to get one of those.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied
    Mike, what kind of head are you running through it?

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Yep; it's for daisychaining two cabs from one output.

The question is whether it puts the two cabs in series or in parallel. Most likely it'd be parallel.
    Try plugging a cable into the Through jack for a second while playing at low volume.
    If you still get sound, it's parallel. If your cab cuts out, it's wired for series.
    (Don't continue run your amp without sound; amps need a speaker load.)

If it's parallel, adding another 8 Ohm cab would give a 4 Ohm load as dave74 said.
    If it's series, adding another 8 Ohm cab would give a 16 Ohm load.

Leave a comment:

• dave74
    replied
    The through should just be an outout. You can run another 8ohm cab from it from a single 4ohm amp output. (daisy-chained)
    You also could run each cab from two separate 4ohm amp outputs. Just depends on how you want to run your cabling, and what the amp has for outputs.

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied
    Man, I gotta hear the verdict on a 300 dollar V30 cab

-most v30 twin cabs are 600-900 dollars

Break that thing in and report back!

Leave a comment:

• Mikelamury
    replied
    Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    Is this cab powered?
    No it's not powered and it has 8 impedance it doesn't say whether it splits the impedance or not it only came with a one page safety warnings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X