The Peavey 3120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Peavey 3120

I was watching the new Dying Fetus video and drooling over their technique and tones. Tight, articulate, yet roaring amp!
    I had to look up what John was using and it turns out to be a Peavey 3120...120w all tube head.... And after watching a few videos on the amp, I'm impressed. But I'm not sure what it really is....

Is it a new model 6505/5150??? It doesn't sound like the invective at all, is it a renewed XXX? Does anyone know it's bloodline? It looks a lot like a valveking, but nobody loves or plays that amp so what gives?
    is it entirely new?
    ​​​​​​ Is it a rebranded JSX?, It's 3 channels with dampening like the jsx also XXX....

I watched one vid where it was dialed to match the 6505 nearly perfectly.
    Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 09-03-2022, 10:40 PM.
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

3120 is a renamed XXX with el34 stock instead of 6L6.
    XXX-2 is a renamed JSX with 6L6 stock instead of el34.

Comment

Forgot to add that the USA models were black knobs and gold logo, and they switched to white for both when they moved production overseas.
      I've seen a few online that had the knobs switched by the previous owner though, so look for the gold logo if you want USA-made. (usa made with all chinese parts lol)

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
        3120 is a renamed XXX with el34 stock instead of 6L6.
        XXX-2 is a renamed JSX with 6L6 stock instead of el34.
        I would just add for the OP that these can run either power tubes you prefer, great amps! The crunch channel is where it's at with these!
        Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
        Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
        Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
        Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Working...
        X