Finally...almost have the basement functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...almost have the basement functional

My plan when I bought this house was to have a jamroom in the basement. Other projects took president and when I joined my current band the need for a jamroom diminished. But there are amps down there I miss playing especially my beloved Fender Quad so I almost....finally have the basement in order.

Nice selection of amps. That Washburn bass is OLD.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      Nice selection of amps. That Washburn bass is OLD.
      Love that bass I got it at the annual warehouse sale for our local music chain for $80. All I had to do was replace one tuner. It plays and sounds fantastic. If I croak it goes to Jolly, he has always wanted one of those bad boys.

Comment

Bringing that Quad up the stairs must be fun! I bet it is easier going down.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Bringing that Quad up the stairs must be fun! I bet it is easier going down.
          I have a walk-out basement on the lower level and a wheelchair ramp on the top level. However, there is a two-flight long staircase if I bring any amp to the practice space. That being said the Quad has been retired for about 15 years. After decades of gigging, I restored it and put it in mothballs.

Comment

Mothballs?
            No saddder statement ever could have been said.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the basement.
              I hope you don't live anywhere it floods

Comment

Originally posted by maug2122 View Post
                Love the basement.
                I hope you don't live anywhere it floods
                When we first looked at houses, the first house we looked at had flood damage in the basement, so we passed. This house seems pretty safe from flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  Mothballs?
                  No saddder statement ever could have been said.
                  Maybe I should have said retired, not mothballs. It still gets played, but I no longer drag it out for gigs. Too heavy and too fragile to be practical for any gig I do these days.

Comment

Super Reverb? Awesome amp...but heavy.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                      Super Reverb? Awesome amp...but heavy.
                      Heavy? What, like 70-80lbs?
                      Work up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Heavy? What, like 70-80lbs?
                        Work up to it.

Remember, lift with the knees, lol
                        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

quad reverb. super is 4x10 and 45w, quad is 4x12 and 100w. youll wish you were only movin a super lol

Comment

Yeah, Quads are pretty rare, for obvious reasons. They are like furniture...put them somewhere and leave them there. I don't think they were designed to be moved.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks like a nice space! Are you building some bass traps for the room? When I finished my basement music room it always sounded boomy until I built a few big corner panel absorbers.
                              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                              X